@billexploited wrote:

Quicksales listings 1,733,846 

Gumtreee listings  1,722,403 

As opposed to 100mil +++++ on eBay?

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Its Neck and Neck

this is just Australia though isn't it?

You can't really compare the listings 1:1 can you ?

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Its Neck and Neck

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

As opposed to 100mil +++++ on eBay?
And how many of those are Chinese carp, and how many are the Big Boys items?
Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Its Neck and Neck

Aside from that i bet you can't get this on either of those sites 151287125925 or 371154673556 funny what i find when I'm bored.

After eBay cull all the interesting small sellers they might not be here.

I don't like Gumtree,it's way too garage sale for my liking & QS didn't send an email confirmation thingy,so I don't like them either.eBay is  run like the third reich on crack & just as unstable.

The listing numbers may be there on all three but sales are less promising.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Its Neck and Neck

I'm trying out a couple of the same items on both gumtree and QS.

So far, gumtree is generating a lot more looks.

On QS, both items have only had 6 clicks and no contacts.

One item is furniture and the other a new puzzle.

I find furniture often sells in gumtree but smaller items are much harder to move.

I wonder if it is because people can't be bothered driving to look at small things & it can be embarrasssing to say no then.

But as a buyer, I am also starting to look at both sites more. The prices generally start higher than on ebay though and I think it is because face to face potential buyers beat you down whereas on ebay, prices generally go up. The end price is what matters though. 

Used to buy and sell on ebay a lot more, but I'm buying equally from gumtree now as well.And much, much more from daily deal sites.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Its Neck and Neck

quicksales is totally free to sell, but there are not many buyers.  Gumtree is the same for me. I've had about 25 items listed on Quicksales and 5 items on Gumtree. I haven't had a bid all year. I'm not holding my breath to sell those items quickly. I will probably have to try ebay with them.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Its Neck and Neck

Havent used Gum tree for ages until yesterday. Listed a $250 item and it sold within a couple hours. Fluke?

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Its Neck and Neck

Like someone else said a lot of the smaller sellers and even the bigger ones are looking at other places now and they also buy....

If someone wants something they will find it .......

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply