Java Script

What do these messages about Java Script mean. I have no idea what to do about my listings with this.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Java Script

What kind of messages are you getting?

eBay will no longer display listing descriptions to the buyer if they contain javascript (they can click to view it in a different tab), but your listing descriptions appear to be text only (I only checked a few, though, so if you have any that contain a template or other features, they may be causing the issue). 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

None of my listings are templates. What are the other features you have mentioned in your reply? 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Third party widgets like scrolling galleries, as they often include javascript.

Can you provide a link to one of the listings that has been flagged, and / or a copy of the message? As that may help determine the cause and fix.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

This is the message I keep getting for all of my 160 listings. Thanks for trying to help me.

Hi jaffajulie1974,

Some of your listings need to be updated in order to comply with eBay policies or security changes.

What do you need to do?
We've identified the listings that need to be changed to meet our updated standards.

• 160 of your listings contain(s) active content such as JavaScript, form actions, etc. Going forward, in order to improve buyer experience, active content will not be rendered. As a result, listings with active content might not display correctly to buyers.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

So, it's the form message, rather than a specific Javascript one.

ANY links, even to Turbolister, will trigger the message. Most third-party stuff, as d*g said, will trigger it.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

It couldn't be in your description; on the first one I looked at (the Silk Embroidery Wildflower) it is one line.

There are, however, a couple of links to Facebook at the top of the page, probably added by eBay, and a few of these - href="javascript:;" - scattered about.

I am not a web programmer, so I don't know if they're relevant to your problem.

Pretty much, IF your listings are in fact non-compliant, then they won't relist. If you are auto-relisting, and they do, then you can probably ignore the warning. Absent further advice from somebody who knows a bit more about HTML.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply