July 2019 Sales Terrible!!

Wow! Such horribleslow sales lately 2019 July, down 40%!

Anybody else experiencing terrible sales??

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

totally agree.  July is usually bad, school holidays affects my sales... but comparing July with previous July still shocking.

Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

I've had a pretty good month this month. Better than other months. It varies throughout the year though. When I have a good month, others have a bad one, and vice versa.

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

I've been feeling it since July 12, prior to that we were doing really well. I've had 5/7 days of either 1 or 0 sales when I'm usually around 3-4 on average. It's not just the lack of sales though, offers have dropped significantly and I'm barely getting any messages from buyers as well. However, I was at a shopping centre this morning and nearly every brand was having a 30-40% sale, so there is definitely a big land grab for buyers attention at the moment. I don't think that's the only piece to the puzzle, but it certainly doesn't help. Just have to hang in there! ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

Yes, ground to a halt here. Selling more from my website.
Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

When several of our local op shops start putting up "50% off everything" signs, you get the impression it's across the board and yes, July sales for us have been pretty dismal.  Election, winter, tax time, school holidays it's been a disruptive quarter... excellent time to buy a new car, dealers are bleeding bad.

Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

Me too ,down 35%. I blame the "Good till cancelled" debacle. Too much inactivity for the first 20 days or so of each listing.

Had much more success with 7 day buy now listings. Hopefull Ebay decisiion makers will listen to the thousands of complaints.

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

@south.coffee wrote:

When several of our local op shops start putting up "50% off everything" signs, you get the impression it's across the board and yes, July sales for us have been pretty dismal.  Election, winter, tax time, school holidays it's been a disruptive quarter... excellent time to buy a new car, dealers are bleeding bad.

When op shops have sales it's more likely that they've been getting way too much stock in, which is probably because people buy so many new clothes they can't fit them in their wardrobe.  When the economy is bad, op shop sales don't slow, they increase.

Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

My sales are through the roof this month, something which hasn't happened since last year.
Message 10 of 42
Latest reply