Sales fell off a cliff

Anyone else just experienced a commplete fall off in sales from about 5 Days ago. Did Ebay make change?

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Sales fell off a cliff

I had my slowest week in 4 years recently, which was the week before last.

It has picked up a bit, but I have noticed that sales have been lower by about 35% compared to last year.

On the other hand, another platform I sell on is up by almost 200%.

It's also end of financial year which might account for some of the drop.

Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

Sales fell off a cliff

Mine have picked up since I've edited almost all 1500 of them to comply with eBay's new book and COMIC categories.

Might be worth a try.

Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

Sales fell off a cliff

Mine have come to a complete standstill..I have not sold a thing on one user name for 2 months and on another for 5 weeks.This year has been slow anyway but it looks like Ebay are cutting out the small time sellers now,..They say they aren't. but they are

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

Sales fell off a cliff

Sales have been reasonably steady over the last week. They did slow for me around two weeks before the election and havnt really got back to the same level as before. Down around 25% on long term trend. This coincides with the fact I have not been putting the effort into ebay over the last few months due to other commitments.

I have been trying to get sheep through the breaking of the drought. Once it rains any dry feed is spoiled and it takes time for new feed to grow and bulk up. Combined with the onset of cold weather it is a difficult time for drought affected sheep. Fortunately the rains have come and the feed has grown enough now, the dams are starting to fill and the sheep are putting weight back on extremely quickly.

I have a bit of time now so will get some new listings up and try to restart things on ebay. It will be interesting to see if it works as well as it has in the past.

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

Sales fell off a cliff

I had the lights come on over the weekend, shock horror. Regional windowing seems to be happening though, as five out of the last six sales have all been to WA (including one person with 0 feedback who bidded early, won with their single bid, and then didn't pay or even respond to the unpaid item case). Rest assured though, I will most likely be waiting another week or ten days for my next sale once the lights go back off!
Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

Sales fell off a cliff

Thanks starting to do that now

Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

Sales fell off a cliff

I keep wondering if small sellers are supposed to move to Gum Tree

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

Sales fell off a cliff

If just talking about yours and my general category : Memorabilia, pop art and the like, I find times have been up and but mostly  down for the past couple of years, particularly March to September. My direct competitors seem to be in the same boat.

We are after the discretionary purchase,after all, and people are tight. I also find the seasonal fluctuations have grown ever larger. This applies to my physical shop and to ebay. 

So I am currently using every free ebay tool to get attention (through higher search listings and, hopefully,ebay generated emails to viewers and watchers) and hopefully make a sale or many. I relist regularly, starting an extended sale and sending offers when practical. If I can survive the winter I should be fine.

Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

Sales fell off a cliff

Thanks for the reply and insights

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply