Just Upgraded my store and ebay sent me this message

Hi just upgraded my store and ebat sent me a message stating so..

The part of their message states the following

What you should know:

As part of your Featured Store subscription, you'll get Selling Manager Pro for free. You can change your Store features or subscriptions when you manage your Store.

If you cancel or downgrade your monthly subscription in the first month you will be billed for that and the next month. Cancellations at any other time will be billed to the end of that month.

Just letting you all know If I cancel within this month because I dont like it I am still up for $100... That is *rap. Where do we get justice? I dont intend canceling but this cannot be right. Surely you have a right to cancel without paying an extra month or do you? I know its the next month if you cancel within the first month

Thank You for reading

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Just Upgraded my store and ebay sent me this message

I have actually seen this type of thing recently through multiple places, I think Netflix might have something similar although don't quote me on that....I have no idea what sort of grounds they have doing such a thing.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Would you believe I downgraded my store to basic store on 1 June and still have to pay $50 for this month then down to $20 next month - I not happy with this paying commission on post!!

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member
Until people make enough complaints to the ACCC or FO, things like this will continue to happen.
Ebay is basing a lot of things it does in Australia on what it can get away with in America.
I have had the same type of subscription issue in companies Ive worked with before, and the company always loses.
They need to be billing that second month on the first invoice, for it to begin being ok-ish.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply