Just a heads up about the selling form . . .

Maybe it's always been like this and/or I'm just having a "middle-aged moment", but I noticed something today with the selling form that could catch some sellers out.

I was reducing quantites of some items (as I'd sold some elsewhere). I always view the listing afterwards to make sure the changes have been made, and I noticed that the quantity hadn't changed, despite me entering a new number in the "quantity" field.

Turns out if you leave your cursor in the quantity field, scroll down and click "Update Listing", it doesn't update the quantity. You need to click somewhere outside of the field, and THEN click "Update Listing", to make it change the field to what you've typed (I've attached an image for reference).

As I said - maybe it's always been like this and maybe I'm just incompetent, but I thought it was worth posting so that nobody else gets caught out with it. I'd imagine it's the same for the other fields.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Yes, has been happening for the last few days.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I use Sell Similar a lot and for the last few days the changes aren't always sticking. I have had to double check all new listings and go back and revise pics, prices and quantities.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@bigbrickshop wrote:

I use Sell Similar a lot and for the last few days the changes aren't always sticking. I have had to double check all new listings and go back and revise pics, prices and quantities.

eBay shouldn't be penalising anyone who can't fill an order because of out of stock until they fix this issue. I'm more or less going to have to do a stocktake to ensure all my quantities are correct because of this  . . . zzz . . .

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

It has been this way for awhile and I usually click an empty space at the bottom of the page and wait for it to say "saving" before clicking update.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply