Just checked out a new store on eBay

Amazing feedback and they are only new........

Capture.JPG

not to mention the site is fantastic............sure wish my store looked like that when I was selling

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Just checked out a new store on eBay

I never buy from the good guys most the time their sales people have no idea what they are talking about especially when it comes to computers. I overheard a sales person in one of their stores telling a customer that they couldn't replace a 2.0 USB drive to a 3.0 USB drive and they would have to buy a new laptop even though they only had bought it 3 months earlier from them. I saw the look on their faces and quickly jumped in telling them I had just done that, as I accidently damaged one of 2.0 USB drives and had it fixed and upgraded it to a 3.0 USB drive and told the salesperson they where wrong and it only cost me $60. I gave them a spare card to my Mr Computer Fix It Man and told them to talk to him before they did anything. The were most grateful however the sales person wasn't happy with me, however what I went in there for was $30 more than it was at another place so I left.

If you do your homework about what you want to buy your better off buying from a small seller, the item is usually cheaper and better quality but you must do your homework so you know what you are getting.

I saved over $1000 on my gaming laptop just because I did my homework and got it from a smaller seller who had customised options for me so I could choose exactly what I wanted. Good Guys wanted an extra $1200 for what I got, out of all the big businesses officeworks was the closest offering me exactly the same for an extra $949. Oh and my gaming laptop is a Toshbia (Qosmio model) a brand name everyone has heard of. And the seller was brilliant answered every question I had, I even referred him to my brother and sister in law and they too were extremely happy with him and saved $300 on a basic laptop for themselves. Yes brand new laptops!

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

I've butted into discussions when I've overheard a store person giving out and out wrong information, which I believe is for the sole purpose of getting the customer to spend a lot more money there than they need to. Most are very grateful.....except for the store person who is probably on commission.

I've even helped people at the supermarket when they can't find something and the employee they've asked says "I don't know". I've even butted in when someone is standing there discussing whether to buy this one, that one or the other one. Something like "I've tried all 3 and this one is far nicer than the other 2, in my opinion". 

I know some people might see what I do as being rude, but it's in my nature to help people out. Yes, I do get things off high shelves for people struggling to reach. I've even carried elderly people's groceries to the car when I've seen them struggling.

Now, back on topic, I don't have a Good Guys locally, but if I wanted to buy something from them, I'd probably buy from their website. A lot of the time when I compare prices there isn't much difference in the price between GG's and Hardly Normal, which I do have locally, so I'll usually just go there.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

I live close enough to those big retailers who have ebay stores to buy from them in person. Sometimes the item is cheaper on ebay than their own website though.. the postage incl price might be $100 ebay store and on their website $100 + postage.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Ok sheep.... now you're scaring me.... I think maybe we were twins separated at birth.  I do all those rude things too and don't give a flying f at a rolling donut who thinks I'm rude. (behaving cause I just got in trouble for saying captain A-hole on the forum).

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Hi Character_parties_aus, re your comment about paying for store design,  just had a look at your store, like it very much. Had a look at their site and the stores they have done, has that company been good to deal with? made a difference to your sales do you think, exxy?? Would be interested to hear your experience with them. Thanks

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

Amazing feedback and they are only new........

Capture.JPG

not to mention the site is fantastic............sure wish my store looked like that when I was selling

I wouldn't call that "Amazing feedback" at 98.9% positive..
Member since: 23-Oct-12 in Australia so thats not new either IMO.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply