Just found out

I only just found out that ebay now add the postage costs to the final value fee. I find this rather hard to believ - your final value fee will be worked out on the sum of the selling price added to the postage. Add to this the Paypal fee and you could actually lose money selling quite easily

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Just found out

The fvf is now to be paid on the total amount the buyer pays, yes. Including postage.

started this week, and has been a hot topic on these boards since the initial policy update.

You can read all about it, if you search for the threads using keywords like "outrageous" or "rip off" top right, in the boards search bar.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Just found out

Take a look at the 1952 posts on this subject under Australia seller release 14.1 ( top subject on forum lists )

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Just found out

Why would you be either surprised or not believe it? The announcement was made some time ago and other sites including the US have had FVF on the entire payment for many years. The only thing I find surprising is that they did not do it sooner.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Just found out

Depends on your margins and how you post, doesn't it.

This is an issue that we were advised about about a month ago.

It might pay to keep up to date with announcements, hey?

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Just found out

Yes I should keep track of things - I reckon there must be quite a few other sellers who are ignorant like me
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Just found out

Well, now you know, have a look at some of the board posts, it could be helpful to see how people have changed their prices, the way they post different items, or what they think.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Just found out

I received an eBay email to each of my ebay accounts about these changes on 27 March.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Just found out

I received one too.

and whippetwallydog, the Announcements are on the left hand side, on the MyeBay page, it also lets you see older announcements, if any are missed.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Just found out

At the end of a new listing it states this now:

"If your item sells, you will be charged a final value fee based on the total cost to the buyer, including postage, handling and any other related costs."

If a seller is unaware of the new changes, they may not notice the change there either.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply