LIKELY MY ERROR BUT JUST CHECKING IN... re gtc insertion fees this week

Hi, now with the $1.65 insertion fees on GTC I'm pretty fastidious of ending and relisting on weekends with my items nearing end within the week, however...I was very surprised to find I'd been charged on monday 27/5 for 36 listings... arggh... $60 worth and also with the sales now more than 1.1 fvf (had several overseas sales ljust this week).  (also took the 40 allowance I had sitting)

just wondering, if anyone else had a similar experience this week..........- being a bug............? hoping that it wasn't my error...! if It was, so be it.

TIA

PS: I see as I posted this message, its from my other id.  not intentional but the question is the same

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You need to give a few more details. If you had a heap of listings on gtc and they rolled over on the 27th, but you didn't have enough free listings left to cover them, you would have been charged insertion fees when they rolled over.

Did you forget to end some and relist them on the weekend? If you list multiples they don't come under the $1 promos (or most of the others).

There's a promo for unlimited listings at the moment (ends tonight) but I don't think we'll be getting the $1 weekends any more as they usually work two days ahead of time and they didn't work when I tried them this morning on my other IDs. It may be just my accounts, of course, but I expect they won't run forever.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

on the correct id to reply this time brer.  I usually have my items set to ending soonest and I end those during the weekend that will finish in the next 8 day period.  no I don't list multiples.

saw that other promo but hadn't accepted it.  I prefer the $1 weekends... hope you are wrong about them!

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

You can check when you originally listed your items by sorting by date listed. Another way is to find the listings you were charged insertion fees for and check their listing dates. If it's more than 30 days ago you'll know you must have forgotten to end and relist some.

If you click on the weekends promo in your expired offers it should allow you to accept them if we're getting them this weekend. They're not showing for me but they've always shown by Thursday in the past.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I got expired when I tried the Mega weekend promo, so it looks like I will be ending 1000 listings over the next month.

The ones I pulled out of my store when eBay gave me the opportunity to pay more store fees for less listings. And less sales.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

its sounding like it was my mistake - a costly one!

thanks all for you feedback and suggestions.  

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I have made this error myself - and upon the advice of others here, contacted eBay via the online chat and was able to get as a one-off dispensation a refund of $60 worth of listing fees.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I've got over 600 listings in my store at the moment, thanks to the unlimited new listings we had recently. We seem to be getting the extra listings every 6 weeks or so, so if I have to I'll end a bunch next month and just wait until the next promo to relist them. If we don't get any more promos I'll just wait until a few listings sell out.

I put a bit of stuff on other IDs when they had the no fee promos but I've moved everything to my store now. It's not worth the work of shifting everything.

davewil, I hope you still have a copy of your listings somewhere in your store so you can relist them if/when we get another promo.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

thanks so much biggles for giving me the push.... I rang help and they did credit back! (as a one off).  I think it was also because I rang then and not this afternoon as now I have received the month end invoice, and it would have been a lot harder for them to credit back all those insertion fees once the sellers invoice was out.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

They'll sit in unsold for up to 90 days. No more TL unfortunately. After that I can recreate them from the info on my computer, which I never delete until the item is sold.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply