Lady waited 3 hours after auction for me to reply. Got bad feedback because of this!

I was at work when my auction ended. As soon as I returned home I checked my auction results. A lady who bid at the last minute had left a message saying she was in the neighborhood and could she pick up now. I sent a polite reply saying it was OK with me. Then she wrote back saying the message was sent 2 hours earlier, but could she pick up the next day, which I agreed to. When she collected the items with her son, I was polite and offered to help carry them to her car. All good I thought, so left very nice feedback for her. To my surprise, she left this neutral comment for me - It was a pick up only purchase. The seller was delayed in responding.

Do you think this is reasonable? She could have picked it up that night no problem, and as it is she collected the next day. I have items that need to be collected a week after the auction and I would not leave bad feedback as know people can be busy. So beware, if buyer REMOVED purchases from you, make sure you are right next to your computer when the auction ends and be ready for her message to collect! Absolutely no delay responding or you will receive this type of feedback. All this for $15 items too. And I sent her photographs of the road to help her find the house!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lady waited 3 hours after auction for me to reply. Got bad feedback because of this!

Groissly unfair feedback and you handled  your reply well.  You will never please everyone in this game.  My suggestion is to put her on your blocked bidder list and move on.  Most who read your reply would not be put off purchasing from you for that.

Most sellers come here saying they never hear from the buyer again.  Good luck in the future.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Groissly unfair feedback and you handled  your reply well.  You will never please everyone in this game.  My suggestion is to put her on your blocked bidder list and move on.  Most who read your reply would not be put off purchasing from you for that.

Most sellers come here saying they never hear from the buyer again.  Good luck in the future.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you for your nice comment. I have been in touch with eBay and they will remover her feedback as I replied within a good time. Some strange people out there! Will block her right now. Thanks for the tip.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I really dislike assuming, entitled people like that.

I find it very impolite and downright rude.

I would have been tempted to explain I work 12 hours a day and the next day I have free is in 3 days.

Pick up items on eBay are usually arranged anytime within 5 or 7 days, not instantly.

Glad eBay will remove the feedback.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I don't live in Mossman, so it won't be a problem.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks. Me too. I could not let it go! Some people are unbelievable. Lesson learned. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply