Late AusPost? Perth-bound train derailment:

20 February 2019

A Perth-bound freight train derailment in Port Augusta has delayed delivery of mail and parcels to Western Australia. Articles affected are from South Australia and New South Wales (posted Friday 15 February), and from Victoria (posted Thursday 14 and Friday 15 February).

We have transferred as much freight as possible to road transport and expect deliveries to commence this Friday, 22 February. We will deploy additional resources over the weekend to recover the situation as quickly as possible.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

AP should maybe think about air to and from the west.

They certainly seem to have a lot of problems with derailments and burning trucks on that run.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

AP should maybe think about air to and from the west.

They certainly seem to have a lot of problems with derailments and burning trucks on that run.

They send via air during the pre Christmas rush, but then go back to ground for the rest of the year. No idea why.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

It wouldn't be so bad if they only sent things across the Nullabor once, but when they arrive at Sunshine and then immediately turn round and go back to Perth again, then have to come back again, that surely must be adding a lot to their costs.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

It could be described as the special yo-yo post.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

It could be described as the special yo-yo post.

Or PPP (postal ping pong)

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

HOW RIDICULOUS!! I'd been wondering why my items sent to WA always took SO DAMN LONG! Now I know.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply