Late Postage Defects

Hi,
Do not know if this has been covered before.
Checked my seller performance yesterday morning and found 5 late postage defects.
All posted on time and 4 posted same day. I put in a request to have the defects removed and within 1 minute received message for one saying request approved for removal. The other 4 were rejected, not for late postage but for late delivery which is totally out of my control. All packages are tracked.
One item was purchased and sent on the 8th Sept and was delivered on the 29th September. Now their automated response is saying i should make sure it is going to be delivered in the estimated time period. I thought eBay were suspending the EDT during the pandemic or do they not read Australia Post updates.
Does this mean we and all other sellers are going to be at risk of losing their metrics and start dropping down the pages as a result.

Copy of Automated Message:

Hello noodlesemporiums,
Thanks for contacting us about the late shipment rating you received for the following transaction:

Transaction ID: 2205495099007
Item: (173874305117) Brewers Yeast Powder 1Kg ( Saccharomyces cervisiae ) Nutrional Supplement

We've reviewed your request to remove the late shipment rating related to this transaction.

We cannot remove it in this instance, as it is an indicator of a less than positive buying experience. We understand you may feel that you did everything to take care of your buyer.

Please note that this decision is final and cannot be changed or escalated.

Here's how to avoid issues like this in the future:
- Make sure you ship within your stated handling time and ensure that your item will arrive by the estimated delivery date.
- Always upload your tracking to eBay as soon as possible, and definitely before the estimated delivery date. When possible, we'll use this to automatically give you credit for shipping on time. Uploading tracking also gives your buyer confidence about when their item will arrive.
- Communicate with your buyer so they know when the item was shipped and what to expect.

We use the mypost portal and tracking is automatically uploaded into eBay. We crossreferenced all tracking numbers and they were all scanned at the PO within the stated handling time.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Late Postage Defects

feels your pain they tried to do us on 1 of ours for it sitting at a post office awaiting collection for a week by the buyer.    We managed to get it overturned but ebay seems to think us sellers can control the postage system and how fast it moves when we have no control over it.   

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

You may be able to use a loop hole,   Check the delivery date as the AP site.   NOT ebay as we have picked up their paid and post dates are stuff.    It has a 24 hour delay.   if you look close at the page it is 24 hours out.   

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

An example of this is ATM I have it showing me a delivered today the 2nd OCT showing as 

Delivered 3 Oct which is NOT possible as it not even the 3rd YET   we have noticed ebay is out by a day on their stated dates 

@silver-fox-bullion wrote:

You may be able to use a loop hole,   Check the delivery date as the AP site.   NOT ebay as we have picked up their paid and post dates are stuff.    It has a 24 hour delay.   if you look close at the page it is 24 hours out.   

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

There must be a glitch in the system.

Just went to check AP delivery times against eBay times and 2 of the 4 defects which includes the one at the top of the page have been removed. But i'm not getting cocky as they have added another 2 defects this morning which were tracked and posted on time.

Obviously the bots are not talking to each other.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I got all of mine removed, by NOT going to the automated: remove a defect....just go straight to the old 'live chat'....good luck
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for that.

Will let you know how i go.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Under their 'new format' they denied me too....so I just did it the old way and within seconds, had 4 'late deliveries' removed
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

their new format is run by dumb dumbs or bots I highlighted it here a while ago.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/I-would-REALLY-like-to-know-where-eBay-are-getting-their-po...
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply