Late delivery defect & Item not received !!

Hi guys need a bit of advice... Customer bought an item on 12th Sep which I posted promptly with tracking. Customer then opened an item not received on the 23rd Sep. When I checked tracking the item has been sitting at the local PO awaiting collection from 16th Sep!!

I responded in the case with the tracking number and a message her item was awaiting collection. Tracking shows customer finally collected the item 14 days after attempted delivery.

Now  I have a late delivery defect in my dashboard, and the INR case is still awaiting customers response....

Has anyone had any success calling ebay to have unfair late delivery defects removed?

The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits.
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes. If you can show eBay you posted the item within your handling time, or there was a scan along the way within your handling time, then eBay will remove it. You'll have to check those details first.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks black*poppy the nearest scan to my postage time is an attempted delivery on the 16th Sep... 4 days after buyer paid for the item.... wonder if that will be enough. The scan for item accepted has dropped off the radar  

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

That's weird for scans to disappear.  Are you using the AP website to check?

What was your handling time set at? (1- 3- 5- days etc).  You should be able to see it in the listing if you can't remember

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Darn, I set my handling time to 1 day on these items as I post the next day, all my other items have 3 days !!

Both AP website & ebay tracking are identical... the acceptance scan has dissapeared off of both. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Did you lodge it over the counter or drop it in the red box? If you lodged it over the counter you should have a receipt with the tracking number on it and the date you posted it. If you prepaid postage and dropped it in the red box, then there's not a lot you can do except hope. Lodgement scans are everything these days with the postage defect system.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Request a call-back, you get a higher level of knowledge from those CS operators than the ones who answer incoming calls.  I had five late shipping defects removed last week, buyer purchased 30 items over a 7 day period, then asked for a few days grace to pay for the order and I agreed.  She paid straight away for the first five because she couldn't get the cart to work to request a combined invoice, but then she contacted me and said she was going to keep shopping and could I send a single invoice at the end and ship everything together (I did and waived any further postage costs).  She left glowing feedback for all 30 items, but because tracking showed the parcel was received after the paid date of the first five I got hit with defects for them.  The CS rep saw sense, checked my message trail with the customer and agreed that the defects should be removed, and they were gone by the next morning.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

That's great news, penny.

There you were, being a really flexible and helpful seller & ebay was set to penalise you. So good to hear an Ebay rep saw sense on that one.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply