Leaving feedback

Find it incomprehensible that sellers cannot leave honest feedback, even if it is negative or neutral

While viewing information on ebay website, I find these:

-  Share honest Feedback to help members buy and sell with confidence

-  Leaving honest comments about a particular eBay member gives other Community members a good idea of what to expect when dealing with that member. Once it's left, Feedback becomes a permanent part of the member's Feedback Profile. 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Leaving feedback

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I noticed you left a green dot with negative comments.

That is against ebay policy.  If the buyer alerts ebay to this, you will receive

a slap for that, and the feeedback will be removed 

Too many slaps and you will be restricted from selling.

Did you open an NPB case against them and put them on your BBL?

Too many non-paying strikes and they will not be able to buy from any sellers

who have their blocks in place.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Leaving feedback

What eBay say & do are usually two completely different things. They are well & truly biased towards the buyer & in the event of a dispute they will usually find in favour of the buyer (often despite the seller having compelling evidence that they are in the right).

To be honest, the inability to leave neg/neutral feedback for a buyer, is about the least of the problems we encounter as sellers.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Leaving feedback

You will find very few members who were around when sellers could leave negs for non payment who would agree with you.

If a buyer ldidn't pay back then and a seller left them a neg the buyer would usually leave one in return.  If a buyer left a neg and the seller reciprocated it just looked like **bleep** for tat. Often sellers would leave the feedback when peeved off and it was not always polite which made them look bad. What did any of those neg feedback achieve except in a very few cases where a seller had the time and energy to check the feedback of every member who placed a bid and worked out if the negs were fair or not, of course it would not stop a last minute snipe or the purchase of a BIN item.

Perhaps the most negative thing about buyers getting negs was that if a carp seller left a retaliatory neg buyers perceived it as something that would impact on their account so would agree to revise it if the seller sent a refund or replacement allowing some of the worst sellers to maintain a high feedback percentage.

The system in place now where you can block any buyer who has failed to make payment more than once and they are unable to leave you neg feedback works far better. I actually have fewer non payers now than I did back then and I sell on a much bigger scale now.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply