Lets Bond together to stop these Aust Post Postage Increases?

eBay sellers, I am looking towards organising a campaign for the the ridiculous price increases on click and send. 1. I am sick of revising pricing 2. I am sick of my customers having to pay silly postage fees. 3. There is so much of my profits Aust Post can eat up with these increased shipping fees before I have to close down...I am sure many others will face the same problem. I suggest we fight back. I suggest we stop their bread and butter and impact their pockets a couple of days a month until we see change. It will hurt us too but not as much as having to close down because our customers can not deal with shopping online. I suggest we close our stores for two days a week every month meaning no sales therefore no postage fees to Aust Post...If every seller bonds they will feel a big fat pinch...?

Any other ideas welcome but I really think we will need to do something to hurt their pockets and to do this every single seller must bond together...

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I think ATM most sellers are more concerned with eBays fvf on postal charges.

I can't see how closing for 2 days would hurt AP ?

Sorry, but any buyer would still be able to purchase (or would simply purchase later) and the stuff still needs to be sent, so AP still get the business, just more of it 2 days after they otherwise would have.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Which Click and Send increases would those be?

25c for a own-packaging 500g parcel and 20c for a 500g satchel? Everything else stayed the same.

Nothing compared to eBay's 10% FVF on that postage.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

First of all you don't need to use click and send to send by Aust Post, it is not compulsory (I don't use it).

And secondly you don't have to use Aust. Post. You can always use a courier if you want.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Depending what you sell...Which courier do you use that would be cheaper than click and send and you would not have to invest huge $ prior

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

To be precise...We would need to pay more due to kg...even if it were so small and over 1kg...Also, once these take effect wait there will be a price increase no doubt.

17 April 2014 โ€“ Important changes
Customers who are eBay sellers will notice that the maximum weight limits for Australia Post eBay Flat Rate boxes generated through ebay.com.au have been revised to 1kg (BX1), 3kg (BX2) and 5kg (BX4).

I will look into what you mentioned I havnt seen this one yet and due to me spending so much time revising as I have had a family member pass I havnt even seen the eBay final value fees. Just been too busy concentrating on posting. OMG 10%

Thinking Im going to call the quits on eBay soon. Just not worth it at the moment.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I believe many want to purchase then and there and if not available they will go else where....

However, I did mention 'welcome to ideas'.

Lets do something about the FVF....I know it may not  be worth it but it may also be worth it. One thing for sure is that sitting back and accepting increase after increase will definatly not accomplish anything.

Why not focus on what we can possible achieve than what we cant.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Petition-against-new-FVF/td-p/1128615/jump-to/first-unread-m...

Petition for FVF link above.

As to AP, until there is a viable option (another postal service that can offer the same for less) we are kind of stuck.

I am not being negative, just you have to pick your battles, and the fvf is the biggest battle going on at the moment.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@the-tool-shed-online wrote:

Depending what you sell...Which courier do you use that would be cheaper than click and send and you would not have to invest huge $ prior

For many reasons I choose to send everything by AP (not going into it all here). However, I've had my local Fastway guy chasing my business and his rates are cheaper than AP. So checkout Fastway. There is no committment, you just use them for what you want, no contracts, etc. And you can do it all online, much the same as click and send. If I ever become unhappy with my local AP outlet I will be going straight to Fastway.

Even though Fastway is a bit cheaper than AP I don't care because it is the buyers that pay the postage, not me. (I don't get cubed at AP so that saves heaps) If I was getting cubed at AP I'd be switching to Fastway in a heartbeat. But if you wanted to go to FREE post on all your listings then obviously the cheaper the postage the better.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

The biggest issue I have with couriers is that if the buyer isn't at home to accept delivery, they are generally required to pick up their item in person from the nearest depot, which could be half an hour's drive away, if not longer.

Sure, many couriers will redeliver if asked to do so, but for an extra fee, and you can just about guarantee that most disgruntled buyers will let their feelings be known via negative feedback.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply