Linked Bank Account Security Breach??

Gday All,

Sorry to be longwinded but this is complicated and I am very concerned...

I am a Seller and a Buyer and was transferred to MP mid March.

Since the changeover I have paid for my purchases through my linked debit account.

No worries until last night....

The payment was declined and I was asked to re send payment, so I went through Checkout again this morning and used my linked bank account.

Same thing happened again so the third time I paid using my PP account.  That was accepted and all's fine.

I went online to check my account and, whilst going through another account I found that the two payments were taken from my unlinked account!!

I spent 90 minutes talking to CSOs and then Managers and was passed around different departments four times today and, in the end after no response for an 25 extra minutes, I closed chat and have not received a chat transcript, as per usual.

Now, I understand that ebay and/or their agents had access to my account when I was transferred on to MP, but I changed my banking password.

The ebay account is the ONLY account that I use online for purchases so, how the heck did the amounts get taken from an unlinked account? How safe am I from ebay taking more amounts - still not refunded.

Today is Friday when glitches occur but this started last night.

Any suggestions - please.

TIA Jo

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Linked Bank Account Security Breach??

I aim to please, sadly my aim was a little off this time LOL

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

I hope you get this sorted

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Excuse me boxeh83,

I think you have adopted my query and somehow turned it into your own.

You are quoting my situation and my name.

Please don't.

Jo

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

@katistrophik

Please ignore the message from boxeh83 - that is not my doing and I don't know how they are 😒

Your aim was fine kat.

Take Care

Jo

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Well Digi,  After a week of trying to sort this out, you were the closest.

You said:

It might be something to do with the account type, as well. I used to have two transaction accounts with Commonwealth and I could withdraw from them both with the same ATM card, or pay for transactions via eftpos, and which account was debited depended on whether I selected savings or cheque as the account to draw from.

So when I made a payment through the bank account, my Card went to the default unlinked account, not recognised by ebay. My bank knows that I only use the one linked account online.

For some reason (We haven't got that worked out yet) last week my CARD number was put into the payment options in Checkout instead of the usual (for over ten years) ACCOUNT number.

So a Card number will not work for me and it's been suggested  I just use PayPal.

Thank you Digi

Jo 😀

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@jorayjen-1 wrote:

@katistrophik

Please ignore the message from boxeh83 - that is not my doing and I don't know how they are 😒

Your aim was fine kat.

Take Care

Jo

All good, I recognised the little troller - they pop up now and then and just C&P for no good reason.

It's when they try to answer and get it wrong it is an issue, annoying but hard to stop. 😉

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply