List & Sell 10 Items for Free - A COMPLETE SCAM

The following popped up in my promotional offers today -

List & Sell up to 10 items for free on eBay now!
Pay no insertion and final value fees on up to 10 items. T&Cs apply. Learn More
Start: 10/09/17 13:02:42 AEST
End: 11/10/17 23:59:59 AEDST

I thought great, I have a few extra items to sell.

I listed 10 items.

I checked my account - I was charged listing fees.

Two of my items sold - I was charged FV fees.

I contated Ebay and asked what was happening.

I was told that they had no record of this offer.

I explained that it was on My Ebay under promo offers - not an email which might be dodgey, it was actually on my account.

Sorry, no record.

Utterly hopeless.  Their customer service is a joke.

Beware if you receive this offer.  They are not bothering to honour it.

And what can anyone do?  Ebay have become a law unto themselves.

Message 1 of 65
Latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: List & Sell 10 Items for Free - A COMPLETE SCAM

Based on everything I read on these boards, and the treatment afforded to me by EBay, they are doing their damnest to alienate their sellers.

N.B. to Ebay management - less selllers = less chance of sales = less seller fees paid = EBay missing their analysts forecast of eps = EBay shares getting trashed on the NYSE.  And probably (hopefully)  their executive bonus'

Message 11 of 65
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

If you read the boards you will see that no-one is just accepting the current ebay glitches....they are fighting tooth and nail to get them fixed but there comes a time when no amount of contacting ebay does any good at all.

In view of the fact that everyone who phones ebay gets a different answer thre is very little point in continuing to waste your time and energy doing the same thing time and time again.

I must be no-one because I'm not doing anything about it.  I'm certainly not going to waste my time ringing ebay about it.  Hopefully it'll eventually get fixed.  It's only happening on my non-store account so far.  My store sales dropped through the floor a fortnight ago and I believe buyers are finding the site too hard at the moment.  If things aren't selling on my other account they may as well sit in unsold for a bit longer until they (hopefully) fix things.

To pancake, what terms & conditions?  I clicked on them and it said page not found.  I tried more than once.  I probably have to use my 100 and my 40 before the 10 kick in anyway - IF they work at all.

Message 12 of 65
Latest reply

tcrazer
Community Member

I haven't listed anything because of this glitch.  What a royal cockup

Message 13 of 65
Latest reply

yes happen to me a ebay con rip off Promotinal offers they are **bleep** ,  what ebay doing hacking us ? Customer service a joke , ebay was sold ?? New Owners ?

Message 14 of 65
Latest reply

Hi all,

Thanks for raising the issue and sorry to hear you're having a hard time with it. I'm looking into the issue for you, stay tuned for updates.

Regards

Michelle

Message 15 of 65
Latest reply

This scam by ebay has been going on for 2 weeks now! Both my daughter & I have wasted time with bad Phillipino CS officers just trying to get each $1.65 wrongly charged amount reversed.

How many people won't bother or won't notice the fees? More money in ebay coffers & less for sellers on a dying selling platform. As stated above I now back out whenever a fee is about to be charged & refresh my page. If ebay start to introduce listing fees again; without any guarantee that one's items will be seen; Then I'm out of here again! I did it once before & I'll do it again; No selling for me = no buying either!

Message 16 of 65
Latest reply

I got likewise on an old selling account that I have not used for many years.  Have been thinking about selling again but with all the KNOWN problems I dont think I will waste my time or effort. 

Does anyone know what the Ebay chat with Michelle will be addressing or is it Ebay choice?????

It truely seems that sellers are left to sink or swim these days

Message 17 of 65
Latest reply

No idea, and no doubt issues raised will be like last time

Denied

Guilt trip

Contact me privately to discuss

Another waste of time because sellers don't matter

Message 18 of 65
Latest reply

@daydreams_12 wrote:

Does anyone know what the Ebay chat with Michelle will be addressing or is it Ebay choice?????

It truely seems that sellers are left to sink or swim these days

Yes, it is ebay's choice but this session is about Selling on Ebay.

If this Chat is anything like the last two there will not be many members there (bad time for anyone who works at another job) and the answers will all be along the lines of "we will gt back to you" or "we will look into it".

Message 19 of 65
Latest reply

I listed 2 items last night and got charged for both.  I sent them an email and received a reply this morning apologising and said that I had been refunded the 2 charges....checked my account and yes, they had....so I guess I will list another 8 items and contact them again and hopefully they will be as quick with a refund as they were today.

Message 20 of 65
Latest reply