Listing Fee being charged

Hi all, 

first of all pardon me if this question has been asked and answered but i'm a long time buyer, new seller. 

My issue is that i am currently being charged $1.65 for a new fixed price listing, even though i have 40 free listings per month. At the moment i only have 21 active listings, So i'm pretty sure i didnt exceed the quota. Not only that, on my 40 free listing promo overview, it still shows i am "Eligible", Used 0 Left 40. The items i am listing are under men's fragrances, which i believe is not in the excluded categories as well. 

Everything worked well in June and July, however the issue starts in August. Before the item is finalised, there will be a $1.65 fee before the final step (which changes to free if i select auction but since the free listing is for either type, this shouldn't happen). I talked to a few eBay staff through chat and i seem to get a fairly generic "it is a known issue", "no time frame of fix" and "we will credit you the listing fee" replies. I thought this issue will go away once the September promo period starts but it's still there. 

My invoice for August was creditted once i chat with a staff, but i find it annoying having to spend a good few minutes actively asking for a credit for something that shouldnt happen to begin with, especially when there wasn't any issues early on. Not only that, i worry that there will be a time when they decided to decline my credit request and i'm stuck with 

So really my question is

1. Does anyone face this issue as well, or am I the only one due to some incorrect settings? 

2. Is there any communication from ebay about this issue to anyone affected as well? 

Thanks in advance!

Brendan

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just an update, for anyone that's been helpful and curious about this. 

I contacted ebay via chat again on a day that i was free, with a bit more assertive tone used. Nothing abusive, just reinforcing my frustration about it and pointing out something that dragged on for more than a month is unacceptable. The CS gave an assurance that it will be looked into and will contact me when it's resolved. 

After a week I tried listing again, and lo and behold it's now free. The free listing count also moved, with 3 being used and 37 left after a few autorenewals. I am also able to relist a couple of items, bringing total listing to 21 (42 items across all variations). I am unsure of the exact time/day it was fixed, as when i tried a few days ago the fee still showed up. 

So at this stage it seems to be an unexplained bug, and they seem to manage to resolve it but without any explanation so until now I am still unable to say for sure what exactly is the cause. Just want to say thanks to all that have tried helping me with this. Fingers crossed it doesnt come back again when October's monthly free listing starts. 

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

All my listings are BIN (books) and I haven't been charged any listing fees.

I can only conjecture that it has something to do with the category you're listing in.

As an aside, I hope your fragrances aren't flammable. If they are, you can't post them without a dangerous goods licence.

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply. It's definitely not the category, as i literally went to one of your listings, click "sell it yourself" and the $1.65 fee still appears after it populates with the same item name and category. 

The only thing i can think of is that i have 2 variations for each listing, with a quantity of 3-4 per variation. However i'm still being charged $1.65 per listing regardless of the amount of variations and quantity so i doubt that's the case. 

The only thing customer support told me is that "they are aware of this" and have "added me into the list of affected users". So if that means anything, it may be only affecting a certain number or users. 

PS: Noted regarding the dangerous goods 🙂  

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

As an aside, I hope your fragrances aren't flammable. If they are, you can't post them without a dangerous goods licence.

Check his name, he probably doesn't care. Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

Haha! my car has the same custom plate and i always half worried i will get pulled over by cops during bushfire season 😛
Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Funny story...

There is no such thing as a "dangerous goods license".

I always thought there was, because it has been mentioned on the boards numerous times over the years, and then a few months ago, I decided to stock an item that contains hazardous chemicals. The first thing I did was ask about this "license to post" thing I apparently needed. 

There may have been such a thing at one stage, but literally no one (outside of this forum, at least) knew what the heck I was talking about Smiley LOL and that includes staff at my post office.

To post restricted goods like perfume etc, all you need to do is package it according to Aus Post's guidelines, and put a 'Road Transport Only' sticker on it. You can't send it express, and if you use a label with an aviation declaration, don't sign it, but other than that, no license required or even offered. 

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

Funny story...

Ummm, yeah there is. Ask any truck driver. Mr Tippy had to have a dangerous goods licence to cart a whole assortment of things in the truck. He was only travelling 175km each way each day, but he had to have it and he also had to display signs saying he was carting dangerous goods. He is out of trucks now, but still holds his dangerous goods licence. It means in his current job he can handle stuff that others can't. 

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

Funny story...

Ummm, yeah there is. Ask any truck driver. Mr Tippy had to have a dangerous goods licence to cart a whole assortment of things in the truck. He was only travelling 175km each way each day, but he had to have it and he also had to display signs saying he was carting dangerous goods. He is out of trucks now, but still holds his dangerous goods licence. It means in his current job he can handle stuff that others can't. 

Do I really have to clarify the context of my post?

I thought the context was obvious, but fine.

There is no such thing as a dangerous goods license, in the context of sending allowable (but restricted) goods through Australia Post. 

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

When I called a early this year I eventually got onto E-parcel who said i could send certain dangerous goods as long as I had an e-parcel contract. Needed to send 1000 items per year to qualify and pay more postage than i pay with my current discount. I asked why was it more expensive they said it was a premium service.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

I can only see 19 current listings (38 items).
Message 10 of 24
Latest reply