Listing of fees paid.

My current invoice informs me that I owe $67.09 for the period 16th June to 15th July. Unless my maths is wrong, This means that if eBay's commission rate on CDs and records is 9.5% eBay thinks I have sold $707 worth of items during the month. My records show that I have actually sold about $282 worth during the month. 

Can I get a listing of the activity on my account for the period of the invoice (i.e. showing all the items for which fees have been charged and the relevant fees)? eBay also tells me that I am paying 14.5% of my final sale + postage in fees. Surely this can't be right?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Listing of fees paid.

Are you looking at the Fees as a percentage of your sales with the pie chart on your July invoice?

The total monthly sales amount = sales $ excluding postage paid by buyers

The total monthly fees amount = total FVFs plus store subscription (if applicable) less credit for Postage rebate

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Select the account tab then select view all account activity.

You can also choose which month to view, to the right.

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Do you get any Free Listings ? You may not have. 😞  That would up your Tally. 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

@michael_cullis wrote:

My current invoice informs me that I owe $67.09 for the period 16th June to 15th July. Unless my maths is wrong, This means that if eBay's commission rate on CDs and records is 9.5% eBay thinks I have sold $707 worth of items during the month. My records show that I have actually sold about $282 worth during the month. 

Can I get a listing of the activity on my account for the period of the invoice (i.e. showing all the items for which fees have been charged and the relevant fees)? eBay also tells me that I am paying 14.5% of my final sale + postage in fees. Surely this can't be right?

The FVF on any item without a store is 9.9% of total (sale price plus postage the buyer paid - media items like CDs etc are 9.5% with a basic store, with a 5c insertion fee after the store freebies have been used).

I'm currently paying 8.5% FVF on most of my sales (featured store subscription, which is the next one up from basic, and I sell in a category which attracts the same FVF as media), but the actual percentage per sale runs a bit higher - I'm not sure what the calculation is based on because I only looked at it briefly and didn't do the math, but I suspect it would work out to the 12% mine currently states if they've factored in other fees like store subscription, any extra insertion fees and the like (i.e. total eBay fees paid as a percentage of revenue). 

I do know that errors and overcharges sometimes occur, but you will have to check the itemised list of fees against your sales records to know what everything is for and whether that is the case. 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I recently started using eBay's postage function whereby the postage is debited from my PayPal account. I am guessing that eBay includes the postage in the total fees, thereby increasing the percentage.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Issue solved.

Unless you thought free postage existed.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I didn't think free postage existed (not being stupid) but I don't think it should make up part of the percentage of my fees paid as postage is not a fee.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

eBay's commission on postage is a fee, so that would mean the commission paid to eBay for postage would count towards your % paid to eBay.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I understand what you are saying.  I will examine details of my account to ascertain whether eBay counts only their commission on the postage as a fee or whether they count the full cost of postage. I am a bit dubious about your explanation as the fees charged by eBay on my postage would only range between 40 cents and $1.80 per item, possily not enough to bring up my fee percentage to 14.92% (on $449.70 in sales, not including postage).

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Michael - if you are using the eBay postage labels the postage charge ISN'T charged to PayPal - it's added to your eBay account.  That would explain why the account is higher than you expected

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply