Listing violation...why? How?

I just recieved an email alerting me to one of my lsiting being in violation of ebay policies for:

"contain(s) contact information such as a phone number, email address or weblinks, which is in violation of listing policies. Non-compliant listings will soon be blocked."

The listng number is 133376175406. As you can see there are no phone number etc in it - so I'm confused as to why I have recieved the message? Is this a glitch? How do I fix this? And has anyone else had this happen lately?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Listing violation...why? How?

It's probably the eBay auto bots that has picked up this - The Silver City, thinking it's an address.

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Ah okay - I'll revise the listing to take that title out and hopefully that will fix it.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Just change it to Broken Hill, that orta do it!Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

eBay keep sending me a message identical to this, regarding an item which has absolutely nothing in it which could possibly fit the description given. I even talked to a rep, back when we could still talk, and she agreed it must be a mistake and that they'd fix it.

They didn't, and now apparently I have another transgressing item (I have no idea which one; this came up when I was trying to bulk edit 200 items, without the offending items being identified).

I'll probably try and have a 'chat' about it, but this has been going on for nearly two months with no actual repurcussions so far.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I wonder if it might be a combination of things - highly likely it's an error that has no rhyme or reason to it, but with eBay I also wouldn't be surprised if they have "instructed" the bots to look for variations on spelling of certain keywords, as well as combinations of other types of keywords, resulting in all sorts of fun and games.

In other words - 

eBay Bot: "Idriess? Is that a misspelling of address to try and sneak under my radar? Let me look for any other incriminating words to make sure.... 

*spots "city"*

Narrow Eyes GIFs | Tenor

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Had a similar issue a few years ago when listing a PlayStation 2 game called Rocket Power Beach Bandits (based on the Nickelodeon/Klasky Csupo cartoon) - eBay deleted the listing on me because it contained the word "Rocket" in it, since apparently rockets and other explosive devices and/or weapons of mass destruction aren't allowed to be sold on eBay. Changed the offending word to R0cket (spelled with a zero), added a lovely note showing eBay's tuckfardedness in the listing description, and the game sold a month or two later.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I have a fix for this message!

Got this from an eBay rep and have kept it safe ever since. Same as you, couldn't work out what was wrong with the listing, so she gave me this..................

NB You need to have more than one problem listing,as if only one problem listing this will only open with the individual listing and i couldn't work out how to fix so i usually left until a few were flagged and did them all together.

If the message reads about "contact" and listing removed.....

Do This

Select the problem items in tick box, then edit, select edit selected.

Edit Fields

Item description

Select Action drop down box - Find and Replace

In Find Section Box type in href

Then in Replace With box type in src

Save and Close 

I have had these messages for ages and now all cleared.

I also have a fix for problem listings with http content if anyone needs.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

See my message re a fix for this message.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Maybe they thought " White Man" was being racist. Nothing would surprise me.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply