'Listings Require Action' - I've updated & updated but can't see what is wrong with my listings

I posted here about this notification I 've been receiving from Ebay, about a month ago.  No-one here could advise me as to what was my problem or the general issue.

Since then I've received more 'urgent' emails from Ebay.  On 23 Sep an email said I still had 19 listings which required action & if they weren't updated then "you won’t be able to publish new, relisted or revised listings in certain Home & Garden, Food & Drink, and Fashion categories".

So I undertook the very tedious exercise of inspecting & updating every single one of my listings - scrupulously.

Today I get a similar notice - still 19 listings require action.

All of the notices recommend I subscribe to Optiseller in order to be able to easily view which are the problem listings.  [I haven't done so & can't see what this might cost without doing the initial registration.]

Is this a hoax?!!  Is anyone else getting this?

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

'Listings Require Action' - I've updated & updated but can't see what is wrong with my listings

Thanks Kopenhagan. Still no closer to understanding what I've neglected to do. It really is silly. If they know what is wrong - for pity sakes tell me!
Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Optiseller is generally another data driven company to try and "improve" your sales and doesn't actually address

the issue of what you are looking for as it works more on on what you can do to "improve" your listings (that may

include what you are after but like a number of these programs they are not necessary and would be another

business that gives a kickback to eBay for every subscription via eBay).stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Maybe try contacting eBay and ask them what's going on and their advice on how to fix the issue.Who knows.gif

This gives you their direct links without having to go through their rigmarole:https://www.ebay.com.au/help/home

Just keep in mind that the Call option is only available during business hours,

(8 am to 9 pm Mon to Fri and 8 am to 5 pm on Sat and Sun).

Have us call you seems to be the best option.

Just scroll to the bottom of that page.

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

Thank you Go-tazz. I wonder if anyone knows how much the Optiseller is. And I'm presuming when it says 3 months free, that will only happen when you pay for the other 9 months up front.
Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

https://www.optiseller.com/pricing

can't find an Aussie price
Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

Thanks Twyngwyn. So it would look like that ongoing it might be $50pm. Gees!
Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

yep....they're in bed with each other??
Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

Probably 50 USD plus Australia Tax at that. Just thinking of how eBay Australia charge $1.65 per non-free listing compared to a few cents everywhere else.
Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

"From 30 September, you won’t be able to publish new, relisted or revised listings in certain Home & Garden, Food & Drink, and Fashion categories without the required information."

So, the deadline has passed. Presumably, there are now 19 listings you can't update. Try to do a bulk edit and see which ones throw up errors. Since they now have new requrements, those specifics should have the asterisk that tells you what is required.

If none of them have problems, then I would just ignore it.

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply