Genuine or fake email from ebay: "Action Required: Your Listings are At Risk - Add Item Specifics"

I received an email from contact@forbusiness.ebay.com entitled "Action Required: Your Listings are At Risk – Add Item Specifics Now" and would like to kow if it's genuine or not?

The email has links to OptiSeller web page which asks for your email and ebay user ID.  Supposedly OptiSeller helps you to scan your listings and identify listings lacking sufficient Item Specifics.

Screenshots of email below:

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7

Genuine or fake email from ebay: "Action Required: Your Listings are At Risk - Add Item Specifics"

Thanks for the links, looks like it's a genuine email.

OK, so Instead of creating an account with OptiSeller just to find out which items I have lacking Item Specifics, I'm just going to wait until the September deadline and let eBay flag the offending item and then I'll know which one to fix. It's kinda silly that eBay knows which item is in violation of the new rules, yet I have to use some third party tool to find out which one, oh the absurdity of it!! LOL Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Totally agree with you.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

It is Genuine or fake - so much for a safe trading place - where is eBays response and  why was this email   not sent via eBay  messager if it is Genuine

Why dont eBay advise us of what is going on,i cannot really find any information on  eBay

message states "

Add Item Specifics

It's the last week before we’ll require item specifics in categories where you sell.

To help you update your listings in time, we’re offering free access to Optiseller for 3 months -- a tool that tells you which listings need actions and what you need to do.

no info about the cost after 3 months, If  eBay are enforcing new rules, why would or should we have to pay fee to comply with the rules?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@personalised-memories-and-gifts wrote:

It is Genuine or fake - so much for a safe trading place - where is eBays response and  why was this email   not sent via eBay  messager if it is Genuine

Why dont eBay advise us of what is going on,i cannot really find any information on  eBay

message states "

Add Item Specifics

It's the last week before we’ll require item specifics in categories where you sell.

To help you update your listings in time, we’re offering free access to Optiseller for 3 months -- a tool that tells you which listings need actions and what you need to do.

no info about the cost after 3 months, If  eBay are enforcing new rules, why would or should we have to pay fee to comply with the rules?

Nobody is forcing you to do anything.

If you are on top of your listings and their compliance with eBay's new policies you shouldn't need a third party tool to help you pinpoint any issues.

If you are on top of your listings but feel a few might need revision, then a free three months use of a third party tool shouldn't be an issue. After all, your listings roll over every month, and any non-compliant ones will definitely show themselves (in ended) within a month, which gives you two months to end your subscription to the third party tool.

Apart from that, the new policy was advertised quite a while ago. Proactive sellers would have included the necessary item specifics before now.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

If no one is enforcing anything then I have nothing to worry about 🙂

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

G'day all,

I have been in contact with eBay Australia and they have informed me that emails from 

contact@forbusiness.ebay.com are fake. I am told that the Sub-Domain 'forbusiness.ebay.com' is not part of eBay. I was advised to forward the email to spoof@ebay.com for their investigation.

This is the message that the eBay representative send me: " All our email address are like this  - ...@ebay.com or ...@ebay.com.au or @ebay.co.uk"

This is what was in the email subject field that I received: "itreborn, Your valid tracking performance is 89%"

Hope this helps!
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply