Lobsided Seller Feedback

I haven't as yet received any negative feedback but I know there will come a time some day. Smiley Wink

Anyway I've found lately that a lot of people don't bother leaving feedback if they're happy. I have even had people message me and thank me and others add me to their favourites list but not left feedback. D'oh!

Recently one guy showed a picture on a Facebook collectors page that I am a member of. The picture was of 3 cars he bought off me. He told me that he was stolked with his "Mailbox find" (he dosen't know it was me that sold it to him) and that he got a great deal. That was 3 days ago and he hasn't left me any feedback and probably won't unless I prompt him. ๐Ÿ˜„

My point is that if only say 70% of happy people leave positive feedback but 100% of disappointed people leave negative feedback your feedback as a seller is really inaccurate.

It's like restaurant reviews on the internet. If you have a bad exerience you're going to get on there and have your say but most people who have a great experience say nothing.

If weeks have gone by I often contact buyers under the guise of checking if everything was okay just to get them to leave feedback. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi there I haven't received any feedback from you so I was hoping that everything was okay? if you had any issues please don't hesitate to contact me so that I can sort them out for you. Cheers. 

It normally works. I usually get "Sorry I haven't got around to it. Sorry I was busy. Sorry we've been away. Errr I was in hospital."

It's no biggie but leaving feedback is something I wish more people did. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Lobsided Seller Feedback

Years ago there used to be a poster here who would always leave feedback after getting a reminder.

He would leave a neg with the comment "here is the feedback you wanted".

Luckily not too many like that around but don't stir up trouble for yourself.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Correct. I've been saying it wrong for years.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

That person was clearly a fool. If you leave negative feedback for a seller you purchased from simply out of spite I'm sure the seller will put you on their blocked list and then you're stuffed.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Feedback is voluntary. I'd rather get no feedback than bad feedback. I've had a few unhappy buyers and the problem has been rectified via messages and I either get no feedback, or glowing positive because they were happy with how I dealt with it. Only one person decided to leave bad feedback rather than contact me.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

everybody looks at feedback diferently  just like questions  if we all answerd the same way we would be robots.

i have a buyer who in the last 4 years who only buys from my auction items for his business in the country ,has brought at least 400 items and has never left me a feedback , i say who cares ,i am happy he buys from me ,he must be happy from buying from me.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

You know, I once had a BUYER send me follow up messages to leave feedback (I didn't have automated feedback at the time). I got annoyed with her because she'd bought multiple items in multiple transactions, so I decided to not leave feedback. The next week she sent another message. The third week, she sent ANOTHER.

I ended up leaving her a positive with a full stop and nothing else.

Feedback is optional. The system is set up with the knowledge half of buyers (and many sellers)  don't leave feedback. 

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

jbmbkb
Community Member

i always leave feedback immediatley but less than half my buyers leave it in return ,dosent bother me though as i really dont care about how many feedbacks i have.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply