Lobsided Seller Feedback

I haven't as yet received any negative feedback but I know there will come a time some day. Smiley Wink

Anyway I've found lately that a lot of people don't bother leaving feedback if they're happy. I have even had people message me and thank me and others add me to their favourites list but not left feedback. D'oh!

Recently one guy showed a picture on a Facebook collectors page that I am a member of. The picture was of 3 cars he bought off me. He told me that he was stolked with his "Mailbox find" (he dosen't know it was me that sold it to him) and that he got a great deal. That was 3 days ago and he hasn't left me any feedback and probably won't unless I prompt him. ๐Ÿ˜„

My point is that if only say 70% of happy people leave positive feedback but 100% of disappointed people leave negative feedback your feedback as a seller is really inaccurate.

It's like restaurant reviews on the internet. If you have a bad exerience you're going to get on there and have your say but most people who have a great experience say nothing.

If weeks have gone by I often contact buyers under the guise of checking if everything was okay just to get them to leave feedback. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi there I haven't received any feedback from you so I was hoping that everything was okay? if you had any issues please don't hesitate to contact me so that I can sort them out for you. Cheers. 

It normally works. I usually get "Sorry I haven't got around to it. Sorry I was busy. Sorry we've been away. Errr I was in hospital."

It's no biggie but leaving feedback is something I wish more people did. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lobsided Seller Feedback

In my 11 years on Ebay and over 1200 transactions, I have a feedback of 600. Whilst I would love more green dots, I never contact a buyer after the transaction - I feel that this is "chasing" them. I agree with Clarry and Harley_Babes - don't worry about it as it may stir up something unnecesarily. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I think it is largely because people are more and more using mobile devices to buy, and some of them can be a pain in the you know where to leave feedback from.

I would refrain from asking buyers for feedback it might just bring you false claims and more grief than it's worth.
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

My sentiments exactly...

While they have left you no FB they have not left you NEG or NEUT.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

In my 11 years on Ebay and over 1200 transactions, I have a feedback of 600. Whilst I would love more green dots, I never contact a buyer after the transaction - I feel that this is "chasing" them. I agree with Clarry and Harley_Babes - don't worry about it as it may stir up something unnecesarily. 

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

The Council of eBay Elders has spoken.

Thank you all for your input. Smiley Very Happy 

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Skewed, yes, but (soon to be) almost irrelevant. ๐Ÿ˜‰

First-impressions-wise from the buyer perspective, it might have an affect, but from Jan/Feb of next year, negs, neutrals and low DRS scores will no longer contribute to a seller's defect rate and performance rating, so no FB is almost as good as a positive.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

No news is good news!

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I find that 10% of happy buyers leave feedback now and 100% of unhappy buyers leave feedback and often intentionally trash stars.  Apart from the awkwardness of the mobile apps, the feedback questions presented to a buyer now, are too complicated with too many options ....... so most just leave it alone as once they have their item, leaving feedback is no gain for them.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Same thing here, the 318 under my username is just a fraction of the things I've sold (with a fraction also being the odd thing bought on this account, such as bubble mailers).
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

I always thought it was "lopsided"

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply