Local shipping being charged when it is set at FREE

The last 2 orders that have come through have been charged with shipping when I have set ALL my items at free shipping within Australia... on my screen when i go to my store everything says free shipping but when they are $4 is charged! I don't understand why and am worried that I am losing customers.. Can anyone help??Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 10.28.42 pm.png

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Was it only for Express postage?

I suspect your items are eligible for eBay Plus. In which case the buyer gets postage free and eBay chip in $4.00 towards express postage.

For further information, it might pay to keep up with eBay policies.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

And $12.50 seems a bit excessive as the difference between standard and express.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

So just to clarify its eBay charging them, not like AusPost?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

And $12.50 seems a bit excessive as the difference between standard and express.

Certainly does.

Also Australia Post not guaranteeing Express Post these days.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

jesbica19, to clarify, are your buyers being charged $4.00 for postage when they make a purchase ?

If so then eBay Plus would have nothing to do with it as any extra postage charge would be added to your account and not

to the buyer's purchase price.

Best contact eBay as you are right about buyers being put off at seeing a $4.00 postage charge when it is supposed to be free.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply