Location glitch.

Hi, I have had two buyers email me to say why don't I post to their location, one is in Qld and one is in Vic. I post to Australia only and have never had issues like this, can anyone shed some light on this for me please. I wonder if this is why my sales have been extremely slow the last couple of days. Thanks.

Message 1 of 67
Latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Location glitch.

I had a buyer who could not pay because the postage location said it could not be calculated, even though the listing had a standard postage of $2.10.    Definitely a glitch.   Just what we need.

Message 2 of 67
Latest reply

Location glitch.

I'm wondering how many sales have we all lost because of this "glitch" I hope they get on to it and fix it asap.

Message 3 of 67
Latest reply

Location glitch.

I had a customer yesterday email me with the same issue.

They live in the same city as me and can't buy the item.

When you search by seller does the page display correctly?

Also some of my postage quotes are not showing or coming up as 'Varied' when they are flat rate postage. Asks for a valid post code but when you enter a postcode it comes up as error.

My sales are also very slow.

Message 4 of 67
Latest reply

Location glitch.

JMO but go read Kiwi's thread (ebay is boring), as AGAIN, ebay was defaulting to ME being in the US and stating you don't post to me, even though I'm in QLD.

I then went out of the listing I was looking at and noticed at top of your listings, something I've never seen before, an option to change the country and input my postcode !! That was under the option box for Sort By Ending Soonest etc etc

Until I changed that information, your listings, when I clicked on postage, gave the option of choosing ANY country in the world to find the postage rate for.

This has to be some issue with ebay as I have NOT gone on to any other ebay site in YEARS, I am NOT using a mobile phone and last night was 1st time ever ebay was doing this.

Message 5 of 67
Latest reply

Location glitch.

I don't understand it - when I click on my sold item the postage says

Posting cost can't be calculated. Please enter a valid postcode.

But the listing was just standard postage $2.10.    How many buyers have been put off by this?   grrrrr

Message 6 of 67
Latest reply

Location glitch.

oh oh - CUSTOMER SUPPORT

We're making some updates and will be back soon.

Message 7 of 67
Latest reply

Location glitch.

even more worrying. I have had 2 people now tell me they can't pay by paypal through ebay. I resent the invoice hoping that would help but no. I have had to send invoice directly from paypal.
Message 8 of 67
Latest reply

Location glitch.

I just checked all the sellers in this thread just now & all your postage costs are showing ok for me in your listings. I checked with Chrome & Firefox browsers.

Message 9 of 67
Latest reply

Location glitch.

I agree - but when I check the sold item it says

Will post to Australia. Read item description or contact seller for postage options. | See details

โ€œPosting cost can't be calculated. Please enter a valid postcode.โ€

which is why my buyer sees

Message 10 of 67
Latest reply