Looks like eBay postage prices have now been updated

Just noticed that small 500g parcel price when using the eBay label creator has gone up from $8.30 to $8.95.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Looks like eBay postage prices have now been updated

What satchels do we use for the new eBay postage prices as they only have 2 sizes.
Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

I suspect that eBay pockets the bulk postage discount they receive from Auspost.

It has been worth the effort to enter the weight and dimensions on both the eBay and the Auspost prepaid label systems to get the cheapest rate.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

I got stuck into them last night about the vanishing discount and having to pay full price for postage.  I was polite but firm.  At the end of the 30 minute online chat I was offered a $50 credit for my input and as 'compensation' ?

So folks go for it and let them know your feedback, no use whinging on here as I doubt they read any of these posts.

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

Have you been credited that $50 yet?

I ask because I was offered $14 as compensation, but I'm yet to see it on my account.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

https://auspost.com.au/sending/satchels-and-packaging/ebay-flat-rate-satchels-boxes

According to the information in the above link, there are 2 more satchels "Coming soon".

One is the next size up from the existing 500g satchel, and the other is a size up from the existing 3kg satchel.

"Coming soon" is really unhelpful when the new rates are already in play.

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Knowing eBay my $50 credit will probably vanish like the postal discount !  I won't be holding my breath...

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Yes yesterday i was charged  7.55 for a 500 gram today 8.35 and 8.95!! 3 kg is now over $14!!

I complained and was told i would be given a $50 credit but looks like its been upped to $100!!

Ebay wants us all to start using sendle with which they are making money from now.

Now apparantly 500 gram bags can be used for up to 3kg and 3kg bags up to 5kg.

Im not impressed as if ebay dont make enough money from sellers.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

You can place up to 5kg in any ebay/aust. post packing. So for those in the past that would have to use a 5kg satchel for an item that would fit into a 500 gram are now laughing at how much they are saving. 

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

So now that your postage cost has risen by $1.40 per article, you raise your prices to compensate the margin loss and your items become even less attractive to buyers and the Chinese sellers rub their hands together once more.

Impossible to compete against them when they pay ChinaPost 50c to $1 per article, albeit for a slower service while our lowest retail price is just on $9 which can still take Australia Post 7-14 days to deliver...

I am beginning to think eBay has an agenda to get rid of small Australian sellers and just concentrate on the high volume sellers who generate more profit for them.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

I have found the new system has some items that are now dearer and some that are cheaper. So overall it has averaged out the same cost as before overall. Buyers in the cities do not mind paying $8.95 to save a 10km drive that can take an hour.

There are still products buyers need in a short time frame that chinese sellers cannot compete wiith. 

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply