Managed Payments - Does ebay hold an Australian Financial Services license ?

Hi Everyone,

I have resisted managed payments because I have concerns over what happens if something with the payment goes awry especially since my experience with ebay customer service is that they are largely uncontactable.

I am also disappointed that there are zero savings for sellers switching to managed payments.

Currently Paypal hold an Australian Financial Services License 304962 and if there is a problem with the payment component of the transaction then the AFS steps in.

Are eBay AFS license holder ?

Cheers Jamie

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Managed Payments - Does ebay hold an Australian Financial Services license ?

No, that is the official fee structure, as approved by ACCC, and as agreed to by all sellers.

In any point, don't see what your point has to do with the OP

Message 41 of 44
Latest reply

Re: Managed Payments - Does ebay hold an Australian Financial Services license ?

@chris-315 wrote:

'ebay is merely complying with legal requirements and is not pocketing anything extra, so nothing to pass on'

Since eBay charge fees on the total order, which includes the postage fees (which they calculate the precise amount), then yes, THEY ARE POCKETING EXTRA which is the fees on postage.

I'm glad you felt it necessary to shout at us, but the old chestnut of fee's on postage has being hashed about a million times on here,  and they are no difference to a fee on the item.

Have a great shouty day

Message 42 of 44
Latest reply

kermit2023
Community Member

……… not to mention, this thread is 2yrs old 😉…ooops….did I mention that? 😁

Message 43 of 44
Latest reply

@kermit2023 wrote:

……… not to mention, this thread is 2yrs old 😉…ooops….did I mention that? 😁

I'm sure it was a slip of the tongue.  LOL

Message 44 of 44
Latest reply