Managed Payments Not Being Received - Anyone Else Having This Issue?

We normally receive our payments from Ebay every Tuesday, however from the 31st of May these payments have stopped. I thought maybe they were just delayed, but now there have been three weeks in a row (31st, 7th and 14th) that haven't arrived.

In my Payouts section of Ebay, it says the payments were sent. There are confirmation numbers. I contacted Ebay Chat, and they said the money was sent, and to contact my bank. However, when I contact the bank, they say there's no transactions pending, and that the confirmation numbers don't mean anything to them, seeing as they're not the sending bank.

When I contact Ebay Chat again, they tell me they've sent the money.

This is... quite frustrating, and more than a little confusing. Seems to me like there's a technical issue from Ebay (I've seen other threads that have this issue). However, I have no idea if the funds will be coming through, or if they're somehow lost to the ether.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any ideas on how to handle it? I'm wondering whether the ombudsman might be my next option. I've had to put my store on holiday, and to be honest if this isn't handled I don't know how I could continue to sell on Ebay. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Managed Payments Not Being Received - Anyone Else Having This Issue?

Hi,

I am having the same issue after trying to change my bank account about 5 weeks ago.

I received the 2 micro payments and according to Ebay customer service my account is approved and there is no issue.

I spoke to ANZ bank and they said there are no issues on their end, and that as the 2 micro payments had been received there should be no problems.

I keep getting emails from Ebay saying "your payment didn't go through"

Ebay continues to tell me to wait and that this is an isolated case.....rubbish.

I am looking at legal action through small claims....not sure that will go anywhere but its worth a shot.

I'm still waiting Ebay !

The other funny thing is that since I have started chasing this money the sales on my store have all but stopped.

Something smells bad with this !

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Managed Payments Not Being Received - Anyone Else Having This Issue?

Hey mate,

Yeah we have mostly had it resolved.

I called ebay, and they actually were interested in handling it. At first they couldn't understand what I was talking about, but when I told them I had a signed letter from the bank stating that I hadn't received the payments, then they started to get it. They sent me some messages and had me send through evidence, and then eventually the payments started coming in.

I have now had most of them returned, though they are remarkably slow on the final one, which is definitely a bit irritating, but still better than nothing. I haven't had the problem since.

As far as I am aware, it is a problem with Adyen, who process the payments and are supposed to send them out to us. Seems like they don't always!

Good luck with it. Make sure you get enough evidence, and be persistent. I have had to message repeatedly to get traction with it.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply