Managed Payments - slow bank payouts?

Hi guys, has anyone else been affected by increased wait times for eBay sales funds to come across to your Bank accounts? It used to be 18 - 24 hours with PayPal - now seems to be taking DAYS?

Steve

Message 1 of 243
Latest reply
242 REPLIES 242

Re: Managed Payments - slow bank payouts?

The buyer's email is still in the order details for a few weeks after the order is made.  In the Seller Hub go to "orders paid and posted" and then "view order details.

Message 11 of 243
Latest reply

@roverlordoffroadspares wrote:

thanks I'll check it out., when I contacted ebay chat they told me there was no way to do it unless I contacted buyer and did a diect refund via pay pal. I explained that there is nothing in Paypal account re this purchase and so cant do it.  They suggested I message the buyer, I told them ebay blocks email addresses in messages under the direct contact prohibition rules.

We found it by clicking on a link on our orders page "get more help with your managed payments questions", which laid it out in black and white.

Obviously the chat person hasn't yet found that page Woman Frustrated

Message 12 of 243
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

@rocketcds - Ebay is sending the money, but each bank has it's own processing times.

But there is a big gap in  time for "processing" by ebay

For instance my sales of 6 August paid for on 6 August by buyers

Sat in "processing" until 10 August "funds sent"

And then there is my own bank processing - even if they do it overnight - so I finally get the money on 11 August

that means I have waited 5 nights for the money.

Message 13 of 243
Latest reply

Hey everyone it will be good if everyone mentions what bank they are with so we can work out which bank is slow/fast.
My first payment was sent out this morning at 3am and I received into my bank account this morning at 11.30am.
I bank with ING.
Message 14 of 243
Latest reply

@shoppingbro wrote:
Hey everyone it will be good if everyone mentions what bank they are with so we can work out which bank is slow/fast.
My first payment was sent out this morning at 3am and I received into my bank account this morning at 11.30am.
I bank with ING.

Ours is just a smallish regional bank (it was an even smaller credit union until last year, when the two merged).

So only people in certain areas of regional NSW would be interested - according to their website they have a total of 37 branches.

It is very quick - payment sent this morning before 2am (email received after 3am), money in our bank account at 10.45am.

Message 15 of 243
Latest reply

I agree the problem is definitly eBay's processing time, not my bank.  My sales 6 August were only sent by eBay this morning 2.50am, yet the payment entered my ANZ bank account by 11.00am today.  It took eBay 4 days to process the payment, not good enough!!

Message 16 of 243
Latest reply

Seems like there are delays with some banks especially the bigger banks.
My friend banks with Commonwealth and she still waiting for her payment which was sent out this morning at 3am.
Message 17 of 243
Latest reply

CBA tends to let payments through at ~2AM. Sometimes a payment will also go on a Saturday morning at that time (never Sundays though because banks are still living in the 1950s and apparently computers need to go to church too).
Message 18 of 243
Latest reply

Really?
There seem to be a delay with CBA processing time with Ebay.
Anyone else with CBA?
Message 19 of 243
Latest reply

So far the processing time for payment to appear in your bank account once it’s processed from Ebay:

ING: 12 hours
ANZ: 12 hours
BOQ: 12 hours
St George: 48 hours

I will update as more people post 🙂

Message 20 of 243
Latest reply