Managed Payments - slow bank payouts?

Hi guys, has anyone else been affected by increased wait times for eBay sales funds to come across to your Bank accounts? It used to be 18 - 24 hours with PayPal - now seems to be taking DAYS?

Steve

Message 1 of 243
Latest reply
242 REPLIES 242

Re: Managed Payments - slow bank payouts?

eBay's terminology for payment status is obviously bad (and they should feel bad). They have actually already confirmed that payments are guaranteed if they are cleared to "processing" and the order status is awaiting postage. 

"Processing", in this case, does not mean "not cleared". It means "it's cleared, we've got it, but you can't have it just yet". 

PayPal buyer protection is not relevant for sellers, unless buyers can still open disputes up to 6 months down the track - I'm not 100% certain that they can, TBH. On the 31st of July, PP clarified that there is no protection for purchases where the checkout process is not hosted by PayPal, so now the question is... who hosts eBay's checkout process? If Adyen, then there is no longer any buyer protection through PayPal for eBay purchases. 

Message 71 of 243
Latest reply

Kitty, when you were a new seller, you would have been subjected to the 21 day hold on funds by PayPal, yeah? Did you hold off posting for 21 days until the funds had cleared? This is no different. The funds are there, you just can't have them yet. Think of it as a 3-5 day hold rather than 21 days.

If you hold off posting Tuesday's sales until next Monday, if you have a handling time of 1-2 days, your defects are going to start stacking up and you're going to have some seriously unhappy buyers. They have paid. They want their stuff.

Message 72 of 243
Latest reply

True, true. I feel better now, thank you!

Incidentally, because I have been a buyer on ebay since 2002 and had occasionally sold things over the years, when I started selling seriously, I never experienced the 21 day hold thing.
Message 73 of 243
Latest reply

@kitty-kat-kollection wrote:
True, true. I feel better now, thank you!

Incidentally, because I have been a buyer on ebay since 2002 and had occasionally sold things over the years, when I started selling seriously, I never experienced the 21 day hold thing.

It was the same with me—had the odd sale here and there early on, so never had funds held later when it became de jour.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 74 of 243
Latest reply

Despite selling for years, PayPal did impose the hold on 2 of my accounts. I had to set the ombudsman onto them to get them to remove it, because they point blank refused.

Message 75 of 243
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Despite selling for years, PayPal did impose the hold on 2 of my accounts. I had to set the ombudsman onto them to get them to remove it, because they point blank refused.

I guess for all PayPal's faults, they still know a shifty character when one comes along! Smiley Very Happy

Message 76 of 243
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

I guess for all PayPal's faults, they still know a shifty character when one comes along! Smiley Very Happy

Dem's fightin' words tazzie..............hope youse can run like Ursain..............f_run.gif

true.gif

Spoiler
..........Or become an engineer and make a bolt for the door.............
Spoiler
.................God I'm funny............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 77 of 243
Latest reply

Is it documented anywhere the timing of when eBay will effect payments.  That is, for sales made on (eg) 14th, what day will they make the transfer?

Message 78 of 243
Latest reply

If you set it to daily withdrawals, it will (supposedly) process overnight/early the following morning, and reach your account on the 15th (if you're with the right bank).

eBay say to allow 2-6 days for processing, but there have been some members here reporting that they've received funds the day after their respective sales (e.g. sale on the 14th, bank account has the money on the 15th), while others have been taking longer.

eBay seems to be having MP teething problems and it hasn't been consistent, but assuming they hit their stride it seems possible to be receiving each day's proceeds the following business day.

Expand the 'Getting Paid' section on this page.

Disclaimer: I'm only summarising other members' reports as I haven't yet changed over to MP.

Message 79 of 243
Latest reply

Has anyone used NAB for managed payments. Funds were sent on 11/08 and today is 15/08 and haven't arrived. Has anyone used a NAB account? Was it timely or delayed. I have contacted ebay they said it has been sent yet the bank says there are no funds from ebay.
Message 80 of 243
Latest reply