Managed Payments - slow bank payouts?

Hi guys, has anyone else been affected by increased wait times for eBay sales funds to come across to your Bank accounts? It used to be 18 - 24 hours with PayPal - now seems to be taking DAYS?

Steve

Message 1 of 243
Latest reply
242 REPLIES 242

Re: Managed Payments - slow bank payouts?

Not exactly…

if you look in your payment status, eBay is ‘processing’ your money for three days before it gets ‘sent’ to your account.  It may be they are ‘waiting’ to receive the funds, but I doubt it.

Worse still, they may be dropping the monthly fees, but the seller charges on the sale amount to about 20% now.  This isn’t going to end well.

Message 211 of 243
Latest reply

I’m just going to extend my ‘handling time’ from 1 day to 4 days.

Thanks ebay.

Message 212 of 243
Latest reply

My bank uses OSKO transfers… virtually instantaneous.

The delay is  simply the way eBay earns interest during the ‘processing’ time.

Message 213 of 243
Latest reply

@mcebau wrote:

My bank uses OSKO transfers… virtually instantaneous.

The delay is  simply the way eBay earns interest during the ‘processing’ time.

I believe banks and individual accounts have to be set up for OSKO and there is a daily limit which would probably be well below the amount eBay is trying to transfer out each day

Message 214 of 243
Latest reply

I also have payments from Thursday, Friday, Sat and Sun last week and no attempt to pay has been made, some are pending and some are just stalled, no messages, nothing this is pretty poor for a company who turnover as much as ebay. So much for the “don’t worry we will take care of everything”  tag line! I’m still waiting for my $50 discount for signing up.

Message 215 of 243
Latest reply

yes you are right,  When a buyer paid to paypal it was almost instant,  now with this ebay holding your money it can be 2 to 3 days,  Easy fix, I dont send items until  you  see payment in your bank account. I then follow with a note to the customer explaining the new Ebay policy, and why the shipment was late.

I figure Ebay will correct this problem as it can only loose customers

Message 216 of 243
Latest reply

@scooter33au wrote:

Easy fix, I dont send items until  you  see payment in your bank account. I then follow with a note to the customer explaining the new Ebay policy, and why the shipment was late.

I figure Ebay will correct this problem as it can only loose customers

It is not the buyer's problem if the item is late because you refuse to send the item until the money is in your bank account. If I had a seller try that on with me they would get low DSRs for doing it. It would be much better for you to extend your handling time and send within that time rather than put your customers offside.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 217 of 243
Latest reply

Agreed, not going to be eBay losing customers with that kind of stunt

Message 218 of 243
Latest reply

I was just changed over to this new system last night.
I'm with the OP about the LACK of speed.
I sell digital delivery PDF's. Last night 11pm, one sold. I immediately sent the email delivery and marked it sent. I'd usually then go straight to Paypal and do the transfer to bank account.
Usually by 11am the next morning MY money would be in my 'Greater Bank' bank account.
Not today, and now it's 7pm at night.
Why on earth would this now be slower?
And to top it off, the fee's Paypal used to get are gone, but eBay has jacked there's up.
I'd be OK with that if the same money into bank speed, was the same.
It's a fricking bad joke, slowing OUR money down, and then charging us more for the delay. ☠️

Message 219 of 243
Latest reply

12hrs.jpgSale at 7.30am today. 12 hours later that the money still hasn't even left eBay?

Message 220 of 243
Latest reply