Management My Store

Could I have some advice please on how I can manage my store? I am selling pre-loved books at present and the store name indicates this, however now I want to branch out and sell different stuff, like jewelry and bags etc. only small bits, possibly Xmas stuff as well. Is it possible to do all this in one store?

I don't want it looking like a junk store. Can I use categories to create different sections so that they look like individual stores? If not what are my options?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise. 🙂

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Management My Store

About the only thing to make it seperate is to register another account on ebay. I am not sure what the anchored store options are.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

You can't make it so that each category looks like a different store, per se, but you can create up to 300 store categories, which includes the sub-categories (up to two levels).

For example your store could look like this:

Books 

Fiction

Sci-Fi

Romance

Non-Fiction

Autobiography

Clothing

Women's Clothing

Dresses

Skirts

Jewellery

Necklaces

Bracelets

You can also make it so only the main categories show in the left side menu (the ones I've bolded), or the main and first sub-category (so bolded and the ones with one >), or all categories are shown. 

Each category name becomes a link to a "store section", basically, so anything you've listed in those store categories will show up when someone clicks the menu link, and will exclude store items not in that category. An item can be listed in up to two store categories. 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

...that was an inadvertent wink. 😮 :8}

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Of course you can list different sorts of items in your store, using the categories as Digital outlined above.

Why would you spend another $49.95 on another store, when buyers almost exclusively search by ITEM TITLE, not store name!

If you want the sections to look different, you can use different templates for each type ( as I have tried to do), but really, when buyers are looking they tend to be looking for a specific thing, only very very few are just browsing.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Mine is similar, I considered once having a separate user, but it was here at the boards that said, use the same, so I do. 

My store is a "book store" & then I often "auction" anything other than books. 

Good luck with it all.  It is all research & trial & error.....

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I couldn't have hoped for better answers...and almost got a wink as well, lol. Thanks heaps the info is such good news and most helpful 🙂 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I thought about this a while ago.

Everyone wants a Pro streamline looking store.

But do you really need to?

Best thing would be to keep your book categories and put the other items in the "Other" category.

or 

You can sort of have a few Stores in one.

Just name your Categories as a store.

I think sellers are to fussy and over think the layouts to much.

Im pretty sure Most of my sales came from the main search or browsed listings without anyone visiting my store.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Just call yourself VARSITY, better name anyway .... the VARSITY shop, or VARSITY ON-LINE (makes u look bigger, as if you've got a real shop somewhere too). Drop "book"

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply