Managing a Dispute

Hi, I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problem as me. I was notified of a dispute by a customer in them not receiving their item. I decided to resend the item as we could not find the original tracking number. The date given the resolve the dispute was 19th. I went into the sytem on the 19th to find that the case had already been closed in the buyer's favour and they had been issued with a refund. I put in an appeal immediately notifying ebay of the new tracking number and the fact that the case was closed too early. Does a date to resolve by mean at the beginning of that day or at the end, I would assume it should mean at the end of that date.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Managing a Dispute

....to the minute....

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

To the minute is correct. Just to elaborate... if the case was opened at 09:27, then you had until 09:27 on the 19th. Neither the start nor end of the day has any relevance to your situation.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

It would have been better to just refund, as now you are out a second item and the money.

Sending a second item is not a valid resolution of the case. Entering a second tracking number will give a date that that is well after when it should have been sent and will not save you.

Not sure of your normal procedures, but I enter tracking numbers as soon as I get back from the PO. That way there are no issues with things going "missing". 

Once a case is opened, it literally counts down the hours behind the scenes.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply