May be a fee for resisting?

I was listing a few things yesterday for this $1.10 weekend offer, when I suddenly notice "may be a fee for relisting".

When ws this slipped in, does anyone know, it sounds a bit ambiguous to me.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: May be a fee for resisting?

I've never been charged extra fees for auctions either.

English is not Rowell's first language. Not hard to see that! Good to know that it's just a typo error with auctions though. Not that I've seen that message. Mine says the same as it always has.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Same to you all guys xxxxxxx

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

This may be a good thing.

One huge problem with E-bay (and a reason why buyers are going elsewhere) in the music category, is that it is a sea of **bleep**.

People are just relisting weak or overpriced items over and over and over and over.

There's no point going thru categories as it's just flooded with relisted items that have been there for years in some cases.

People also list things at ambit prices ... ie double or more what it's worth, and let them sit there in case someone buys at that price eventually.

I would rather pay a modest fee and have my items listed in a context where they are not obscured by a cloud of items which are not priced to sell or are basically **bleep**, but have been relisted again and again for months/years on end.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

That would be why you have nothing listed?

I sell books, which are also media. My prices are not the cheapest, but are competitive if you discount (as I do) the Pommie dropshippers. One of which sells, even with GST, at around the price I pay in postage. I am never going to be able to compete with that, nor will I try.

I rarely sell anything in the first month of listing. Probably 20% of my sales come from books I've had listed for more than 4 years.

But mine are BINs, where I either have the listings available free or I pay $1.65 for the relisting privilege.

What this thread is about is AUCTIONS, which still attract free relists.

Not quite the same thing. I don't know how you used to list, but the rules are different depending on the method, or what sort of market/competition there is for Korean music.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

I see your point about books selling after time.

Just from my perspective ... I live in Korea but lived in Australia for a long time before relocating here for work.

I sold vinyl records and when they were viable CDs/DVDs.

I buy now, but know a seller's perpective.

Part of the reason why I stopped selling on Ebay was the loss of visability. I know the vinyl record category extremely well and I use an online service to scan that category often, as I buy quite a bit. Most of that category is overpriced or junk, I'm confident to say that.

Most of the dealers with good stock have moved to Discogs. I buy more from that site than Ebay now.

I remember selling on Ebay in the early/mid 2000s before free listings and it was mainly quality items or cheaper stuff priced to sell.

Personally, I preferred that. 

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

@mic-s-korea wrote:

This may be a good thing.

One huge problem with E-bay (and a reason why buyers are going elsewhere) in the music category, is that it is a sea of **bleep**.

People are just relisting weak or overpriced items over and over and over and over.

There's no point going thru categories as it's just flooded with relisted items that have been there for years in some cases.

People also list things at ambit prices ... ie double or more what it's worth, and let them sit there in case someone buys at that price eventually.

I would rather pay a modest fee and have my items listed in a context where they are not obscured by a cloud of items which are not priced to sell or are basically **bleep**, but have been relisted again and again for months/years on end.

I sold nearly $500 worth of items on the weekend. My initial outlay, less than $10. I sell in the collectables category. Every single one of those items had been listed and relisted for more than 3 years, at auction. Some were over 5 years. Average start price, $10-15. I just keep putting the price up every now and then. Putting the price up seems to attract more buyers for some reason.

Even though some of my items will be relisted for years, someone will eventually come along and must have it at all costs.

As for the topic, as I've said before, never been charged for a free relist.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply