Mega weekends list and sell for $1 - does everyone get this offer?

Every Saturday I get a notiication from eBay about the Mega Weekends where you can list and sell for only $1.

When I try and accept the offer I get this message -

Unfortunately, this promotional offer is by invitation only

Is the offer available to everyone? or only selected sellers. I can't find anything in the T&Cs about who is eligible.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Have'nt had any offers for many months myself

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

By invitation only so not for everyone.

But why would you want to take up that offer yourself when you get 40 free listings per month?

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

But why would you want to take up that offer yourself when you get 40 free listings per month?

Or is the $1 referring to the final value fee?

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Because the $1  covers listing and Final value Fees, and only applies if an item sells

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

The offer itself is by invitation only, but it would seem you are getting the invitation from ebay.

Have you had any recent ebay disputes or claims raised against your account, check your seller status, if you

fall below certain standards, then you will not be able to accept the offer.

I was blocked from the offers for 2 months, because I dared to dispute a buyers claim  and appealed ebays

decision. They can be a bit vindictive.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

It's not just the fact that the selling fee is only $1 (actually $1.10 by time you add GST), it's the fact that you get to list as many items as you want.

if the OP is getting a notification from ebay about it they should be entitled to use it. If it was me I'd be ringing ebay.
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

T&C

Misc  .3

eBay reserves the right to verify eligibility of sellers and listings to participate in this offer. Persons who violate these Terms and Conditions may not be eligible for future promotions on eBay.com.au.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

My seller level is Above Standard so thats not the reason why I cant get the offer.

Sounds like if I get the notification then I should be able to accept the offer. Will try calling eBay and see what they say.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

@tobyn2002 wrote:

My seller level is Above Standard so thats not the reason why I cant get the offer.

Sounds like if I get the notification then I should be able to accept the offer. Will try calling eBay and see what they say.

haven't looked at the Terms & Conditions, but is there one there about having the same email address registered for eBay and PayPal?
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply