More bullshunt from eBay, now you can't lodge UPI cases against deadbeats without messing around

In yet another "enhancement", eBay now expects you to cancel* instead and leave you open to red marks and defects, by removing the option to open an unpaid item case (clicking on the old unpaid item link in your All Selling page simply loads the cancel page).

eBay has also changed its help page to reflect the change that hasn't even been made yet, note this paragraph:

"From May 2021, sellers will no longer need to open an unpaid item case if a buyer doesn't pay. Instead, sellers can simply cancel an order if payment hasn't been made starting on the 5th calendar day from when the listing ended. This change is already available to some sellers – if it's available to you, you'll see Buyer hasn't paid as an option when cancelling an order in Seller Hub or My eBay Sold. If you can't see this option, don't worry – it'll be available to you in the coming weeks."

I suppose that means buyers can now get of completely scot-free without any nasty old UPI strikes which may stop them from "buying" from sellers who have their deadbeat buyer blocks in place!

* Or, you can do through the back streets of eBay, by going to the help page, finding the "Reporting an unpaid item" link, find the item, click on the item number, click on the item itself, and finally see the unpaid item case come up.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

More bullshunt from eBay, now you can't lodge UPI cases against deadbeats without messing around

It's a significant improvement all round, IMHO.

From early April 2021, you won’t need to file unpaid item claims against buyers or send payment reminders. You’ll be able to cancel unpaid orders after 5 days.

We’ll proactively send payment reminders to buyers. After 5 calendar days, you can cancel the transaction using the 'Buyer hasn't paid' reason in Seller Hub or My eBay Sold

After cancellation, the item will be automatically relisted and applicable fees may be returned to you

Each cancellation where the buyer hasn’t paid will be recorded against them. We’ll block that buyer’s ability to leave feedback and, if they’ve already left feedback, we’ll remove it. Buyers with excessive cancellations due to unpaid items may have action taken against them by eBay in accordance with our Abusive Buyer Policy

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/2021-autumn-seller-update/unpaid-items

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

It's a significant improvement all round, IMHO.

From early April 2021, you won’t need to file unpaid item claims against buyers or send payment reminders. You’ll be able to cancel unpaid orders after 5 days.

We’ll proactively send payment reminders to buyers. After 5 calendar days, you can cancel the transaction using the 'Buyer hasn't paid' reason in Seller Hub or My eBay Sold

After cancellation, the item will be automatically relisted and applicable fees may be returned to you

Each cancellation where the buyer hasn’t paid will be recorded against them. We’ll block that buyer’s ability to leave feedback and, if they’ve already left feedback, we’ll remove it. Buyers with excessive cancellations due to unpaid items may have action taken against them by eBay in accordance with our Abusive Buyer Policy

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/2021-autumn-seller-update/unpaid-items

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I love this bit:   After cancellation, the item will be automatically relisted and applicable fees may be returned to you

Does this mean you don't get the FVFs back?

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

It could just be poorly worded because of the two current payment systems - the "old" system, fees are applied when the purchase is confirmed whether payment is made or not, but I'm pretty sure on MP they are only applied when the item is paid for, so it's more of a case that fees may (or may not) have been charged and therefore the return of applicable fees on that sale is contingent on whether they were actually applied. (I could be wrong re: fees on MP, all of my buyers now checkout when buying AFAIK and I haven't had a UPI for months or a long enough gap between purchase and payment where I could check). 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

altcultures
Community Member

You can save yourself the hassle altogether by making all your items BIN with Immediate Payment Required.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

That one makes a bit more sense than the help page. Still though, it's now been 5½ days and Ms. Zero Feedback who hasn't logged in since she bid on an item eleven days ago (the same day she registered) and the option didn't show up so I had to find a way to access the old UPI form - the only options last night in the "cancel" list were the usual ones, and Buyer Hasn't Paid wasn't one of them despite being just over five days.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay always say "may"!!!    They have sooo many loopholes to protect the buyers that sellers have very little protection.   The latest I have noticed is ebay allows buyers to hide their feedback - WHY?

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Because what we buy is none of your business.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I am trying to figure out how we are nto now allowed to lodge an unpaid item case for buyers who rudely ignore their commitment to pay.   I have just seen the post put up about this and going through replies. I am sorry I do not understand yours, or who you are referring to.  

Would you care to clarify please ?

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

ah, now I've seenthe thread of the converstion.  What you buy may not be other persons'business but how you behave as a reliable buyer, or nonpaying bidder,  definitely is.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply