More re-listing headaches

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It's not bad enough that they re-list something that was sold months ago.

Oh no.........groooansmileyf.gif............now they're upping the numbers available!!

I've found two items re-listed this morning that I only have one available.

They've re-listed four available.     gaaah smiley.gif

Talk about keep you on your toes.

edit:    I only ever had one available.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

2k0md9.jpg

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I feel your pain 😞
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

scumbay_o_1017219.jpg

image host
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Kopes, I'm hearing you on that one! A few weeks back I was going to do a last second bid on an auction that had no other bids. I placed my bid, hit the button and got logged out. That was on the app. I nearly died. Thankfully no-one else bid, despite there being 5 watchers. The next 2 weeks I was at work and forgot about it until just after it finished.

Last week I had a $10 off voucher if I spend more than $20. The auction started at $18.99 and had a BIN of $24. So, I hit the BIN and got it for way less than I would have at auction!

I kept getting logged out of the app every time I'd get a notification and I'd click on it. In the end I had to uninstall and reinstall it.

Hi Stawks! Hi.gif

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

oh-hello-smiley-emoticon.gifHi Tippy.

I never get vouchers.       Let alone a $10 one       Related image

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

The vouchers were on accounts that hadn't bought anything for well over a year. Could be close to 18 months even. I had 2 vouchers, one for $10 for purchases over $20 and on a different acount, $20 off for purchases over $30. The latter was on a rarely used account with only 2 feedback. I've had the latter several times, but didn't really need to buy anything. Then a few weeks ago Mr Tippy showed me something he wanted and it was $31, so I bought it to surprise him.

I doubt I'll see any vouchers like that again for awhile. The 2 FB account was getting the voucher thrown at it every few weeks. I had my eye on a new doona and was going to use it for that. When I decided to buy the doona, there was a 20% off thingy for that store and it worked out heaps cheaper to use the 20%.

Spoiler
FYI, even in cold climate areas, 700GSM doonas are super warm!! Even when it got down to -6, I roasted!
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

That is terrible.

Would it be worth ringing ebay to get them to look at the listing?

I know you can change it yourself but I was wondering if it might be worth finding out if they can tell in any way whether it is ebay that made the change or whether they will swear the system did not do any such thing.

You can't be the only one it is happening to. Pesumably it isn't affecting all ads or they would know but they need people to complain as with enough numbers, they might see there is a problem.

My worry would be that although you might be onto it this time around, eventually the glitch might affect an ad where someone buys something you don't have before you have a chance to adjust the ad.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

It's not bad enough that they re-list something that was sold months ago.

Oh no.........groooansmileyf.gif............now they're upping the numbers available!!

I've found two items re-listed this morning that I only have one available.

They've re-listed four available.     gaaah smiley.gif

Talk about keep you on your toes.

edit:    I only ever had one available.

I know you said you only ever had one available so it's a different scenario to my problem, but ebay has gone back to adding in any sold items when I relist listings that I sold some of in the last cycle before they dropped into unsold.  When I do any relists I have to check to see what I sold recently to make sure the numbers are right.  Some get even weirder than that but I can't remember the details - suffice to say that I check the numbers very thoroughly.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I'm quickly offering sympathy in this thead, imastawka. consoling.gif

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply