My Louis Vuitton handbag has been deemed a fake, but it was bought in Paris at the Vuitton Shop!

shrit-81
Community Member

What the hell?

This was gifted to me by a lovely old gentleman who took his dear wife to Paris and insist he buy her a Louis Vuitton handbag. Of course he didn't keep the receipt. He bought it nearly two decades ago! She barely used it. She's now deceased. He wanted me to have it, but EBAY are now deeming it a fake! Will try to sell on another online platform or take it to someone who knows what they're talking about!

Won't try to sell on EBAY ever again. Will stick to good old Aussie Gumtree or Marketplace!

Very disgruntled EBAY customer!

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My Louis Vuitton handbag has been deemed a fake, but it was bought in Paris at the Vuitton Shop!

Yes, you'll need to go elsewhere to sell it. It does sound genuine but once the verification team make a judgement for ebay, that's pretty much it.

Why not keep it yourself as it sounds as if that is what the man wanted?

You're going to face problems on sites such as gumtree or marketplace over the same issue-a lack of verification or proof.

Maybe look for a dedicated LV facebook site.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

What is your question for other members?

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Yes, you'll need to go elsewhere to sell it. It does sound genuine but once the verification team make a judgement for ebay, that's pretty much it.

Why not keep it yourself as it sounds as if that is what the man wanted?

You're going to face problems on sites such as gumtree or marketplace over the same issue-a lack of verification or proof.

Maybe look for a dedicated LV facebook site.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Not to mention the amount of scammers on Facebook Marketplace who would as soon come back to see what other valuables you may own as look at you

In any case OP, eBay have no idea if you sell on the site or not, so it's not going to affect them in the slightest 

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

But.....you didn't personally buy it in Paris at the Vuitton shop, did you?

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

And you believe this lovely old gentleman went to Louis Vuitton and not the local junk market for his lovely wife.  The oldest one in the book,  

Really,  why should Ebay allow your fake products through,  

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Was the old gentleman's name Anthony DiNozzo?

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

??

I give up - ploise exploin.

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

NCIS LA. Agent's father. Con man

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

sugar249 ... You always have something nice to say. Really!

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply