My account has been restricted for selling Hypwave Clothing with no explanation from eBay.

Does anybody know what's wrong with this brand? I don't even sell it myself - another family member was selling it.

eBay chat line won't restore my account - what should I do?

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: My account has been restricted for selling Hypwave Clothing with no explanation from eBay.

No - I have multiply accounts because i decided to sort my inventory that way. It proved to be more profitable to organize items under separate identities.You get more traffic than a store. Also most items are BIN. I did a few auctions but got very low prices.

Message 51 of 59
Latest reply

Re: My account has been restricted for selling Hypwave Clothing with no explanation from eBay.

Interesting that you say you took your own items down. When you end your own items, they appear in "completed listings", with a message in the listing that the seller ended this item, for whatever reason. Yours don't. If eBay did actually take them down, your chances of regaining your selling privileges are significantly reduced.

Message 52 of 59
Latest reply

Tippy*toes

Your on the wrong track - I took my listings down by ending them.  I don't no why that's so.

Anyway, I don't want to be too negative about my post eBay prospects. I went for a walk around the city yesterday to get some

fresh ideas as to what i could do. i haven't been out of my locat area for a very long time.  Retail activity isn't as dead as what the media is reporting.

That got me thinking..maybe the way forward is to go in the opposite direction and lease a shop. All the stuff in the shed would finally be displayed like it should. 

The whole experience was very  uplifting - I was offered cake and coffee by a very nice real estate letting agent. Being slightly introverted it was the most social interaction I've had for years.

It's all too scary given my personality issues to go and set up a shop.

So Tippy*toes could you possibly be nice this time and use your "links" with eBay to have real person call me?

Message 53 of 59
Latest reply

I have exactly the same "links" to eBay as you do. The help button at the top and bottom of every page. 

Message 54 of 59
Latest reply

Tippy*toes*

Your'll never believe what happened...

I received a welcome to eBay email so I clicked on the link and was taken to a new account with zero feedback. I thought it was just a fake  email so I checked in with the chat line. They said it's all good to go ahead now. How strange is that??

Message 55 of 59
Latest reply

@ephemera123 wrote:

They said it's all good to go ahead now. 

Let us know what happens when you go to list items for sale on that new ID.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 56 of 59
Latest reply

That's good to hear. However, as the other accounts in your household have been restricted, it's only a matter of time until the new one is restricted too. Ebay could frown on it that you are trying to bypass a restriction and prevent you from even buying on any of your accounts, let alone sell.

Let us know how it goes.

Message 57 of 59
Latest reply

since when do you need PERMISSION to sell items from a BRAND or otherwise.

the VERO system is nothing more then a way for big players to try control small sellers with MISUSE of copyright law, most of which are not even local.

false vERO claims are not new... and eBay has done little about it to protect sellers.

it comes down to wording and not misleading the customer and fair use!

for example:

-the customer should not think you are the brand or represent the brand or its network.

-you can use picture and info, logos etc to represent the product for sale as long as its not misleading.

-adding something like “private sale not affiliated with xyz” may cover this.

oten the claims have weak foundation and they rely on compliance
Fight back against these false claims, because its misused often.

Helpful links

www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2017C00180

www.copyright.com.au/about-copyright

www.copyright.org.au

FAIR USE:
www.alrc.gov.au/publication/copyright-and-the-digital-economy-dp-79/4-the-case-for-fair-use-in-austr...

Message 58 of 59
Latest reply

No one here cares !!

STOP BREAKING THE LAW and **bleep** stop opening 3 hundred year old freaking threads

Message 59 of 59
Latest reply