My eBay satchels just arrived.... Can I send items straight away?

hsvcc64
Community Member
Hi,
I purchased some eBay satchels to send items cheaper for people who buy from me. My satchels just arrived, I know I have to have a click & send account which I have and I can either pay now and have a courier collect it, or pay now and lodge later at a post office or red postal box you see in the streets.

My questions are:

*when I pay do I print out the label (which I have my ebay account linked) ... Or can I print my own. (I think I read if you use the postage labels ebay also charges you? Is this true?

*once I have paid via click and send and proceeded with lodge later, can I post it as soon as my PayPal invoice has come through?

*1 last question, when I contacted click and send, they said tracking was included. Where do I get this tracking number to give to my sellers? Or does it get printed when I print the postage label?

Thank you in advance for your help ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@hsvcc64 wrote:

I have printed off my labels and now have to go into the post office tomorrow to pay for it and for them to lodge it and send it. 

I always was under the impression you had to pay via paypal or credit card upon checkup? 

If you input the eBay satchel code (printed on the satchels, but is 39712 for the 500 gram bags), you do have to pay online via one of those methods before the labels are generated. 

If you select own packaging, then you have to pay at the post office (make sure they know how to process them without issuing a new tracking number) - except when you select courier pick-up, that's the only time you can pay online via credit/debit card or PayPal when using own packaging.

Unfortunately I can't answer the question re: where the history is as I haven't processed a C&S item that required payment at the PO in a long time, and I don't know whether they will appear only once processed and lodged.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I haven't processed any labels on eBay (which is an independent system even though it has a lot of the same options, and is billed later rather than pay as you go), but if you use the C&S site, after your payment has been processed, you will arrive at a screen with an option to print the labels, plus tax invoice if you would like that as well. You print the labels from there, plus you can access them to print via the email receipt from Australia Post or your account history for the next 24 hours. (And you can post/lodge the parcels at any time after the labels have been paid for).

The tracking number is uploaded automatically to eBay (and the item marked as posted) as soon as they're paid for, if the eBay and C&S account are linked. It will also appear in the email receipt and labels.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

You have to use the click & send printing option as the label includes a barcode that is used to scan the item when you lodge it and when it is delivered.

As long as you use the import ebay listings tool at the top the tracking number will be added automatically on ebay, if you manually input the name and address then the tracking number is the Article number under the bar code and you can add that manually to the sales record. I sometimes enter it manually if I have a few to print on one account and only one on another id, saves having to log out of c&s and back in again.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

hsvcc64
Community Member

Thanks for your replies everyone Smiley Happy

I was finally able to continue to checkout after i had contacted click and send. 

I have printed off my labels and now have to go into the post office tomorrow to pay for it and for them to lodge it and send it. 

I always was under the impression you had to pay via paypal or credit card upon checkup? 

Also, i can't find the histories of these items anywhere in my History/Tracking or My Items on Click & Send, is this because i haven't paid yet? Just a bit strange it confirmed postage on eBay and added the tracking numbers when i haven't even paid and posted them yet.

I'll get the hang of this after i have posted these items, Sorry for all the silly questions - Just double checking things are being done correctly. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

@hsvcc64 wrote:

If you input the eBay satchel code (printed on the satchels, but is 39712 for the 500 gram bags), you do have to pay online via one of those methods before the labels are generated. 

If you select own packaging, then you have to pay at the post office (make sure they know how to process them without issuing a new tracking number) - except when you select courier pick-up, that's the only time you can pay online via credit/debit card or PayPal when using own packaging.

Unfortunately I can't answer the question re: where the history is as I haven't processed a C&S item that required payment at the PO in a long time, and I don't know whether they will appear only once processed and lodged.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

You can only pay online for flat rate satchels and boxes. it sounds like you selected 'own packaging'.

Just above 'own packaging' is a box for promo code. To the right of that is a question mark. Click on that and it will show the codes for the satchels and boxes. Put the code (39712 for 500g satchel, 39715 for 3kg satchel) in that box and click on apply. The flat rate options will then come up.

Be careful you don't mix non-flat rate parcels with flat rate ones or you won't be able to pay on checkout.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------

I only realised those codes on the back of the satchel once I had started wrapping the parcel.
So I guess next time around once I have posted these through the post office and paid via them, I will be sure to enter the number on the back of the satchel and hopefully this way I can pay online without having to have the courier organise a time.

Thank you for your help digital*ghost ! Very much appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Argo silly me! Wish I had known this previously and had read the back of the satchel before I had done the labels and clicked pay later and lodge later at post office. Oh we'll ill go down to the post office tomorrow and see how I go! Hopefully can just hand them the items, they can scan them alright, pay and off they go :/.
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

If you go onto the C&S site there is a "user guide" that you can print off. It has step by step instructions in it, makes life easy! (Shows under the face of the pretty lady) We have been using C & S for about 4 years and we find it is fantastic once you get the hang of it. Sometimes has glitches but mostly flows pretty well, IMO it is one of the things that Ebay has got right.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

I was originally doing this, the step by step guide. Then when I would proceed to check out it would keep coming up with "invalid state" and wouldn't let me go any further. I contacted click and send, the told me to change my preferences and do it as a single way. I wish it were as easy me using the step by step guide! I found it helpful hehe.
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply