My eBay satchels just arrived.... Can I send items straight away?

hsvcc64
Community Member
Hi,
I purchased some eBay satchels to send items cheaper for people who buy from me. My satchels just arrived, I know I have to have a click & send account which I have and I can either pay now and have a courier collect it, or pay now and lodge later at a post office or red postal box you see in the streets.

My questions are:

*when I pay do I print out the label (which I have my ebay account linked) ... Or can I print my own. (I think I read if you use the postage labels ebay also charges you? Is this true?

*once I have paid via click and send and proceeded with lodge later, can I post it as soon as my PayPal invoice has come through?

*1 last question, when I contacted click and send, they said tracking was included. Where do I get this tracking number to give to my sellers? Or does it get printed when I print the postage label?

Thank you in advance for your help ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Sorry to hear you were having some problems, the girls at C&S are also extremely helpful and good to deal with, so just keep ringing them till you get the hang of it. Once you have it, you will find easy peasy. Goodluck. 

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

So finally after all of the dramas I had, I spoke to a lovely lady from click and send aus post who responded to my email yesterday and she called me today and explained things. I had to re create an item enter the details individually and enter the satchel promo code in which I was able to pay online and still lodge in the post box like I wanted. Only problem was because click and send had already imported my ebay buyer details they had already been sent tracking numbers so I just contacted them with the next tracking number and hoping they will understand!

Items all paid for and on their way to their buyers now! Now I know what I'm doing and knowing I don't have to go deal with the rude and nasty sales people at the post office makes me even more happy.

Thank you all for your help and telling me about the promo codes which is what I should have done in the first place ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

A word of advice - DON'T post in a red box. For seller protection you need at least one tracking event. The best one is the one you get when you lodge over the counter.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

That's what I asked when I spoke to the lady from aus post today, I asked about tracking, how do I go about that if Its posted in the red postal boxes. she said it is included in the print out i place on the satchel when I had paid. When it gets collected they'd scan the barcode and that's how the tracking begins. Is this not correct? ๐Ÿ˜•
Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@hsvcc64 wrote:
That's what I asked when I spoke to the lady from aus post today, I asked about tracking, how do I go about that if Its posted in the red postal boxes. she said it is included in the print out i place on the satchel when I had paid. When it gets collected they'd scan the barcode and that's how the tracking begins. Is this not correct? ๐Ÿ˜•

yes it is correcct as far as aust post are concerned

but......

if you want Paypal Seller Protection you really should hand them over the counter at the PO and just get them scanned into the system and the PO will give you a slip of papr with the codes printed.... (nothing more to pay)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

They should get scanned if you put them in the box but often they don't and if they go missing before being scanned on delivery then you will be left high and dry as the only evidence you have is that you paid for the label.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

When you post in a red box the first scan event you may get is when the parcel arrives at the mail centre closest to your buyers address. This is not much help if the parcel has already gone astray. I don't think I have ever had one scanned on collection on the rare occasion when I have had to post into a red box.

When you hand it in over the counter at the PO you get a lodgement receipt with the tracking numbers and the first tracking event that proves that you have lodged it appears.

If the people at your local PO are nasty and its not too much effort go to another branch. We have a wonderful relationship with all the staff at our PO and it does make all the difference.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply