NETFLIX TAX is ILLEGAL under the Australian Constitution!

I've let EBAY know, I just wanted to let everyone know the TAX is illegal under the constitution. It is illegal to tax private citizens. Tax is voluntary. Go to knowyourrights.com.au

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: NETFLIX TAX is ILLEGAL under the Australian Constitution!

ircinic-7
Community Member

@sparkleright wrote:

I've let EBAY know, I just wanted to let everyone know the TAX is illegal under the constitution. It is illegal to tax private citizens. Tax is voluntary. Go to knowyourrights.com.au

Tell that to the Australian Tax Office.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

You are joking, right?

What you are saying is that the Australian Government has been taxing it's citizens illegally since 2000 as that is how long the GST has been in operation.

Or are you saying that all Australian citizens are being taxed illegally when they pay income tax?

I doubt that you will get any reply from ebay, even when they stop laughing.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Netflix tax is not taxing citizens.

It is taxing eBay. 10 % GST on eBay fees, a service.

Just like everything you currently buy that has GST on it.

image host
Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

@sparkleright wrote:

I suggest you take it to the High Court. Australian Governments have been mandatorily taxing citizens since before Federation. There is no voluntarism about it.

I think a cheap silk will only charge you about $3k a day. An expensive silk will KNOW you are wrong and won't even take your case.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

I assumed the OP was joking

Buggered if I know what the punchline is though Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Pauline?

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

ircinic-7
Community Member

@sparkleright wrote:

Come back, come back.

We need you.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

@sparkleright wrote:

Out of sheer curiosity, I decided to do exactly that.

I am going to be frank with you - please do not believe things just because they are on the internet. 😞

First, I read their article proclaiming that personal income tax is illegal (I want to note here that they say nothing at all about GST, or tax on profit made by businesses, only that the tax people pay from their wages is illegal).

I knew I was reading a serious, well-researched article on a Wordpress blog when they referred to YouTube videos that apparently explain why the IRS taxes Americans illegally (no links, just a suggestion to "search Youtube"), and that something similar applies here in Australia.

Their evidence to support this was said to be found in section 6, page 23 of the origial Taxpayers Charter (this has since been revised, so it's also outdated), at least I was able to download a copy of said charter, and I went straight to section 6, page 23, where it says - and I quote:

"We prefer to work with you cooperatively, providing you with help to meet your tax obligations voluntarily. However, if you are uncooperative or obstructive, we may need to take firmer action. For example, we have formal access and information gathering powers that we use if necessary. People who are obstructive may even be prosecuted".

Leaving aside what the Taxpayers Charter actually is, to interpret or suggest the line in that quote I've bolded as "paying personal income tax is voluntary so being forced to pay tax is illegal" is such an obviously gross misrepresentation of facts that website you mention should be embarrassed to have put it out there. What it is actually saying is that the ATO wants their dealings with people to be cooperative and for information etc to be provided voluntarily, but if it isn't, they'll get what they want by any other means necessary.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Section 51(ii) is the taxation power of the Constitution:

The Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power to make laws for the peace, order, and good government of the Commonwealth with respect to:

(ii)  taxation; but so as not to discriminate between States or parts of States;

As Barger’s Case states: subject  only  to the  limitations  expressed  in the Constitution the power with respect to taxation
is “plenary and absolute; unlimited as to amount,  as  to  subjects,  as  to  objects,  as  to  conditions,  as  to  machinery” so  that  “the Parliament  has,  prima  facie,  power  to  tax  whom  it  chooses,  power  to  exempt  whom  it chooses,  power to  impose  such  conditions  as  to  liability  or  as  to  exemption  as  it  chooses”. 

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply