NETFLIX TAX is ILLEGAL under the Australian Constitution!

I've let EBAY know, I just wanted to let everyone know the TAX is illegal under the constitution. It is illegal to tax private citizens. Tax is voluntary. Go to knowyourrights.com.au

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

I heard today that it has been amended and will not be instated until 2018 so im hoping Ebay wont be collecting it until then .Although its not so scary its only on your fees not the whole amount of sales Woman Very Happy

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

@ridyruki wrote:

I heard today that it has been amended and will not be instated until 2018 so im hoping Ebay wont be collecting it until then .Although its not so scary its only on your fees not the whole amount of sales Woman Very Happy

GST on physical goods valued under $1000 and imported into Australia has been deferred until 2018.

GST on digital goods and services (this includes such things as music downloads, streaming services [hence the name "Netflix tax"] and eBay's services) will go ahead on July 1st of this year.

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

Like you Digi I went to the suggested website and as interesting as it was, it lost me as soon as there was mention of the IRS in the USA and suggested that something similar applied in Australia.

Why do gullible people decide that if it applies in the USA it also applies in Australia?

On the off chance that someone from ebay does take any notice of the OP and reads that website, they just might decide to ask questions of the ATO.  Oh what fun!Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

Well, I have to admit that wishful thinking has a lot to account for, if you're a perennial fantasist like me.

For example, a couple of months ago, I stumbled across a group of people (US citizens) on YouTube who claim that a birth certificate is a bond and people can use it to get the US government to pay all of their debt.

I actually made it through a full 20min video of someone explaining how. I was skeptical at first, but by the end I was utterly convinced, not because they had plenty of uncredited anecdotes from people who said it works, but they drew charts on a whiteboard n' all. Now I'm just waiting for someone to discover the loophole that will allow me to trade in my birth certificate for millions, right here in Oz. Better be tax free, though. 

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Well, I have to admit that wishful thinking has a lot to account for, if you're a perennial fantasist like me.

For example, a couple of months ago, I stumbled across a group of people (US citizens) on YouTube who claim that a birth certificate is a bond and people can use it to get the US government to pay all of their debt.

I actually made it through a full 20min video of someone explaining how. I was skeptical at first, but by the end I was utterly convinced, not because they had plenty of uncredited anecdotes from people who said it works, but they drew charts on a whiteboard n' all. Now I'm just waiting for someone to discover the loophole that will allow me to trade in my birth certificate for millions, right here in Oz. Better be tax free, though. 

But did they have pie charts and graphs? I'll only believe something if there is a pie chart involved. Oh, and a power point presentation....with pie charts.......and graphs. Gotta have a power point presentation, with pie charts, or it didn't happen.......and no sneaky pictures of cats in the middle like someone did at work a few weeks back for a laugh. We laughed.

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

Pie charts are good but even better would be WW charts, now they would be unassailable proof that it was so.

ww.jpg

Spoiler
As long as nobody eats the evidence

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

No doubt all the workers at the ATO are empting their desks after this announcement!

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

This thread is the most hilarious thing I've read in ages! Thanks, everyone!
Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

Any value for my 1960 British birth certificate?  I can back it up with an Aussie Citizenship certificate dated Brownlow Medal Night 1980!

Sometime back I had to produce both to prove I was here legally! My parents were 10 pound poms who emigrated in 1967!  I speak with an Aussie accent, was educated here, & have never left these shores since I came here. Kids were just on the Mother's paperwork back then; So I've never held a passport @ all!

I'm an Aussie!

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

Related image
Message 20 of 29
Latest reply