NEW LISTING FORMAT

Any one know how to go back to the old listing format? This new one is insane, cant change font or size or even the colours have gone. And now more often than not when I go to my saved drafts they wont display so have to use google chrome. It takes longer to list items and I much prefer the old one

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

NEW LISTING FORMAT

What new listing format?

As of yesterday evening, mine hadn't changed.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

mitbri
Community Member

I had this happen to me so I emailed customer service. They immediately changed it back for me, and they also sent me the following message, so that if it happens again I can change it back myself. I have attached a copy so that you can give it a go yourself, and if don't succeed, just email ebay and ask them to change it back to original selling template.

"Thank you for contacting eBay about the new listing tool. don't worry let me help you sort this out.

I have immediately switch back your listing to our advance listing tool. You may now then continue with your listing.

Here's how I did it:

-In the 'Tell us what you're selling' page, enter 'Car' or any keyword for a Motors listing.

-Click 'Get Started'.

-Scroll down and select  "Continue without selecting a product".

-A pop up will appear advising that the category isn't available in our new tool yet.

-Click "Go to classic tool".

This will serve as your future reference, if in case you might need it. I trust this information is helpful. If any other questions arise, please don't hesitate to let us know.  We're pleased to help in any way we can."

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

One of our two stores changed over to the new format and we did not like it either.

Thanks for posting that little procedure on how to change it back.

I've just done that and it has switched back to the old format.

Cheers

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

@kimp440 wrote:

Any one know how to go back to the old listing format? This new one is insane, cant change font or size or even the colours have gone. And now more often than not when I go to my saved drafts they wont display so have to use google chrome. It takes longer to list items and I much prefer the old one

There is a small button on the right side top of the description box to bring up the advanced tools like font, colour and all the rest 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

yayyyyyyyy it's back thanks so much

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

Brilliant thank you ! Because it also effects editing which was driving me insane until I just changed back as per the instructions. Why do they keep changing things for a lesser system ???

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

Totally respect your preference for the old listing template.

However, you can edit font size, colour etc exactly as before.

On the right side of Item Description in the listing page, there is a blue hyperlink that says Advanced Editing.  This extends the options in the bar above where you write your description.

Personally I love not having to click through two pages to confirm a listing, the upload photo tool is much better, and the glitches of the price not sticking when you change from auction to fixed price and vice versa has been cleared up. 

What I hate is that you now can't differentiate promotional discounts between domestic and international.  It used to be that when you set up promotional postage rates in Site Preferences (eg spend over $100 get free post), then this would apply to domestic sales automaticially and in the listing page there was a tick box under International Postage that said Apply my promotional postage rule. So that box only applied to international postage, while domestic post would still get the promotion.  NOW - unless you tick that box - still under International Postage - your listing isn't included in the promotional rule at all.

Ridiculous.  I've noticed that the sellers that do have the promotional rule don't ship internationally.  That's got to be a loss for ebay.

*Edited for clarity

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

NEW LISTING FORMAT

It's not a "new" format. The quick listing tool has been around for several years. It's just that most of us have always used the advanced tool. Most newer sellers who started selling after the implementation of the quick lister don't know there's another option, that's why there's often confusion when questions are asked about listing, screenshots are posted and the OP can't see anything resembling the screenshot.

Every now and then there's been a glitch and I've been reverted back, but I just changed back using the link at the top of the listing page. I also changed back to the quick lister last year or whenever it was when the 3 free relists were removed from nearly everyone. They still appeared on the quick lister. Then when it was restored in advanced, I went and changed them all back.

If I create a new listing, rather than sell similar, it automatically takes me to the quick lister (it's very rare I create a new listing, almost always use sell similar).

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply