Narrowing search by brand, my items not shown

I think the best way to describe my problem is to paste part of my chat with an Ebay rep after asking for help with 80 items which are as far as I lknow listed in correct categories with brand names added

I start at the homepage and type into the search box "cutting die", then select cutting dies scrapbooking & papaercraft from the suggested results

zulu_99
11:14 AM
there are 55302 results. If I then use the boxes to the left to narrow down the results to Type - cutting dies and Brand - tattered Lace, my items are not shown

Sehgal
11:16 AM
Please search with the full name of the item or with item number

zulu_99
11:17 AM
thanks anyway
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I followed your example and found 3 items of yours....then I visited your store. Your other 'similar items don't have the exact wording as your example.

They have Dies....or don't have the word 'Cutting'

Just a thought....

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for your time it is appreciated.

OK I just tried the same thing but this time using only the word 'Dies' and the same thing happens. I have 80 listings which fit the criteria of this search including category, type and brand but only 1 or 2 appear. Weirder still is that if you click on one of the items that does show up (not my one at the top) they have not even put the brand in the item specifics!

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Are you typing in the words with their correct spelling? I ask because you have several wrong spellings/typos in your first post.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Several?

I found one - papaercraft.    And that word was in the suggestions given by ebay,

so not necessary for searching.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

The only word I am typing is 'dies' Then checking boxes at the side. When creating the listings I am selecting the type 'cutting dies' and the brand 'tattered lace' from EBay drop down menus so I don't think my poor grammar has anything to do with it!
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

It looks like eBay have relegated all brands other than Darice as "unspecified".

I checked just your store listings so this first screenshot is what happens when I try to filter only your items by brand (listed under Embossing Stencils & Folders, which turns up all of your listings that have Tattered Lace chosen as the brand name in eBay's item specifics). As you can see, eBay is showing that the brand name for all of these items is "unspecified".

brand filter 1.PNG

It may be small comfort, but it's not just you, or anything you're doing. 

After checking that, I also checked all listings on eBay in the same category, and this is what it shows - 15 under the brand 'Darice', the rest are listed as unbranded or not specified. 

brand filter 2.PNG

There are a lot of category changes happening this month, eBay usually breaks more things than they fix, though. Woman Frustrated

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

First off, love your products!!

I've bought hundreds of dollars of these types of items in my time so i had a look at yours then in a new search window, typed in tattered lace die.

Now those 3 words start off quite a few of your items. Exact same wording.

Yet I am up to P.4 and not one of your items is showing as yet. I am getting a lot of one of the top sellers (I've bought a bit from that company actually) and I am getting quite a few from UK & USA.

But I have not seen one of yours and that's odd because I am now looking at ads that don't even have the same wording as my search. They have tattered/lace/dies. I am very surprised yours didn't show up before those as many of yours would have been an exact match.

For anyone who, like me, does a basic search with a few key words, they probably aren't going to see your things. They must be there, but how many people persist beyond p.5?

PS As far as I can see, the ads are in exactly the correct categories.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you guys, I am glad you can see a problem. As you can see from my first post, I have chatted with support and they offered no support whatsoever.
I will just have to hold out and hope my items will climb the mystery ladder at some point
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply