Neg feedback after paying return postage and refunding

Can someone explain for me please,my son sold some comics he is pretty pedantic about packaging well the postman folded them in half bending the cardboard around them and creasing the comics therefore making them no good to buyer.Said buyer opens a dispute thru paypal and ebay my son says okay keep them no good to me and I will refund in full but buyer says no and sends them back therefore adding another $15 to refund.Gets his money back in full meanwhile paypal on hold then leaves negative feedback.Rang ebay to ask to have it removed as unfair after talking to 6 different people virtually told tough wear it.Is this allowed can you still leave neg feedback even though refunded.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately yes, negative feedback can be left even after a refund is given.

That is a pretty unreasonable buyer......he could see that the seller has done their best to avoid the comics being creased.

Are they really unsalable now that they have a crease?  They may not sell for as much as comics in pristine condition but surely would be worth something

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I don't understand, if it has been refunded in full why would the funds still be held in Paypal? A better rersponse would have been to do the refund then tell the buyer it had gone through and they could keep the comics.

Even if the buyer has been refunded they have still had a negative experience as presumably they are a collector and now have to look for the items they want again. 

The comics should have been packed so they could not have been bent by the postie, stiff cardboard or even in a box would have made it very unlikely they would have been creased.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

My son is an avid collector and they were packed in cardboard which the postie saw fit to bend in half he sells a lot of comics and also illustrates them he knows how to pack them,this was just stupid by the postie if they didn't fit in the letterbox he could have left a card.If you collect comics you would know they are only worth anything if in mint condition.The buyer didn't even contact him just went straight to dispute he asked him for photos but wouldn't send any.Funds were held in paypal until dispute was settled he got back his money, he only had 3 feedback and asked if my son could wait 2 weeks for payment which he did so pretty poor by him to leave neg feedback.Would you give a refund without seeing evidence the item was ruined I think not.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

If the postie bent the comic that sux.

Did your son at least put a DO NOT BEND Sticker on the packaging?

I put a sticker or write it on all packages that I don't want folded or bent.

Plus buyer could be telling fibs due to not showing any evidence that the comic was ruined.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Yes he puts do not bend on them they were creased when he got them back but the seller just put them in a prepaid bag so that probably made them worse.He  told the buyer to take the parcel to AusPost and show them but he said he was to busy just wanted a refund.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I sent someone a poster in a sturdy poster tube.  I have sent thousands now and rarely have a problem (one or two minor issues a year).  Just two weeks ago one buyer told me Australia Post delivered the tube almost completely snapped in half and dangling by a thread!  Couldn't believe it.  The print inside was totally ruined (I saw photos of it all).  No insurance unfortunately.  Anything can happen with AP!

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Must have done the old snap the stick/poster tube on the knee trick,idiots!

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

A Do Not Bend sticker is an open invite to AP staff

Substantial packing is far better.

They should have been sent in a box

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I could be wrong, but I believe "Fragile" and "Do Not Bend" on letters or parcels is just a hopeful instrucxtioin, in that you hope the handlers might follow instructions a little ....... but there is no guarantee unfortunately.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply