Negative feedback Woes

As a seller I take great care to describe my items as closely as possible and go to the trouble of including 3 or more photos of the actual item. This morning I received a message from a buyer - strongly worded - stating her dissastifaction with her book.

While I stand by my item description, I decided it was better to cut my loses and so I immediately organised a full refund. And then... I noticed she'd already left negative feedback.

Is it too much to ask for buyers to contact a seller first and try to come to some sort of amicable solution? It's a simple matter of courtesy, something this buyer is obviously lacking.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Negative feedback Woes

why would you refund without asking for the book to be returned. That is just teaching buyers they can say what they want and magically get a refund. Please stop doing this.
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Negative feedback Woes

You're 100%.  

Kneejerk reaction on my part and I've definitely learned my lesson. 

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Negative feedback Woes

100% right (meant to say)

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Negative feedback Woes

You are correct though it annoys me no end when buyer can't be bothered to even contact first without hitting the Neg button. You are not going to please everyone all of the time, so just keep doing what you have been doing (except for the refunding bit) LOL
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Negative feedback Woes

When browsing items for sale and checking sellers feedback yesterday.. I came across a neg that said  " Item as described, seller didnt leave feedback" ..some crazy buyers out there.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Negative feedback Woes

I for one only leave Feedback when I have received Positive Feed back from a buyer. Sometimes it gets a little sloppy a buyer leaves Positive with the comments as stated above so automatically they get a positive from me as it is how I set it up. I am still very greatful for the green dot and in a couple of days it is buried in the other feedback. Just Put Up With It you are still on a winner...

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Negative feedback Woes

I too only leave feedback after it's been left for me. Most of my buyers don't leave it, so I'm not giving it to them if they aren't going to return it. I used to always leave it when they paid, but then found very few left any for me, so stopped. I reckon maybe 1 in 20 will leave it for me.

The negs that make me laugh are "very happy with item, very fast postage. Great communication. A1 ebayer". Why do people do that? I know that if you try to scroll down with the down arrow it will move the check box from positive to neutral to negative, but you get a big warning asking if you really want to do this, so I don't understand?

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Negative feedback Woes

@am*3 wrote:

When browsing items for sale and checking sellers feedback yesterday.. I came across a neg that said  " Item as described, seller didnt leave feedback" ..some crazy buyers out there.

I seem to rmember we had a buyer post on here a while back whinging about sellers who wouldn't leave feedback first, and proudly announcing that his policy was to neg them - could have been the same idiot.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Negative feedback Woes

Quite possible there are a few whingers on here including my self and i'm not a POM...

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply