Negative feedback, how weird is this?

I listed 2 tables, separately, for auction with an opening price of $39.00 There were two bidders and they both sold for around $131 each. I corresponed with the buyer re colection. In a message she mentioned that the selling price was higher than similar items she had bought and also that her husband was not happy at how much they had cost her.

I did not comment on this as it was her choice to bid until she won the auction.

Today she has left negative feedback

"Item double normal price - fair pricing?"

I can hardly believe it. She is blaming me for the price she paid. I have tactfully explained the bidding process and asked her to reconsider her negative feedback. If she refuses I will put a request to ebay.

This is crazy, has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Negative feedback, how weird is this?

"Buyers remorse" is a funny thing.

People get all excited buying and then get full of regret when the CC bill comes in. (Or the husband/wife/Mother/Dad finds out)

Had positive FB recently from BIN with "excellent product........ I think it was slightly pricey for postage".

All I could think was " If you didn't like the postage price, you should not have bought it!!".

Life goes on.....

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

I saw a neg on a seller recently, something like "postage gouging. Very expensive". The reply from the seller was "listing was free postage. You didn't pay a postage cost".

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

ad them to your BBL asap and ring ebay to rid the neg..

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

She paid and collected the night the auction finished. I will leave a comment on her feedback. Thanks everyone for your input

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

I like your reply to the neg. Very factual, profesional.

It is important not to put emotions and especially name calling into feedback responses.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply