Negative feedback, how weird is this?

I listed 2 tables, separately, for auction with an opening price of $39.00 There were two bidders and they both sold for around $131 each. I corresponed with the buyer re colection. In a message she mentioned that the selling price was higher than similar items she had bought and also that her husband was not happy at how much they had cost her.

I did not comment on this as it was her choice to bid until she won the auction.

Today she has left negative feedback

"Item double normal price - fair pricing?"

I can hardly believe it. She is blaming me for the price she paid. I have tactfully explained the bidding process and asked her to reconsider her negative feedback. If she refuses I will put a request to ebay.

This is crazy, has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Another Numpty buyer.

i would respond to the feedback with " listing was an auction starting @ $39 xxxxxxxx placed the bids! UNFAIR NEG"

you may get slammed for the "Unfair Neg" comment but wow some people just amaze you don't they!

i would also open a Non Paying Bidder Dispute and would certainly not agree to a cancellation. That way the feedback will be removed if she refuses to pay.  Also replace the xxxxxxx with her user ID that way others can out her on their Special List!

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Very sorry to hear that, hopefully ebay with remove this feedback on the grounds of buyer 'idiocy'.

Definitely contact ebay and explain this full scenario.

Given her erratic behaviour, i wouldn't be holding my breath on her removing it.

You can put a reply to the negative feedback, this is better than nothing - to explain to your side.

Good luck!!!

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I am guessing she thought you were shilling to get the price up.

She has put many other bids past her own winning bid showing she was prepared to pay more.

Do as designers suggests, open unpaid cases and feedback will be removed. They deserve unpaid strikes IMO.

It may teach them not to play games.

Or you could send a message - 

Dear buyer

I am sorry to hear your account has been compromised and you were not the person placing the bids.

I will contact eBay and let them know you were hacked.

They will probably need to shut your account and you will need to verify all the details again.

It usually only takes 4-5 days to get it sorted.

Have a nice day.

Just kidding of course. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

and these people are allowed to drive cars!

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Has the buyer actually paid and picked up the items? If not I doubt that her husband will let her have them, in which case I'd go down designers path and open an unpaid item dispute before leaving follow-up feedback.

G'day Kopes, still packing and stacking here....................sigh.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Hope they did'nt buy the car off ebay

What a twit

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I thought maybe she was new and got caught up in the frenzy of bidding, but she has 208 feedback.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

206 of those were probably BINs

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

and these people are allowed to drive cars!

Not to mention breed!

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply